Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throw out bearing question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
2 questions
1 is where should I buy new one since I assume I should get this changed out even though its only had about 5,000 miles put on the car since I rebuilt the transmission and did the whole clutch job.

now it sat for the better part of the year and did not squeak when the motor and trans were pulled as one unit and we did the clean up while the body was getting the repair and repaint done a year and a half ago. When I got it back on the road last year literally the day we left for Okteenerfest a year ago it was squeaking.

I wonder why? just one of those thing, from sitting ?
either way maybe when I put a new one in it was not of the best quality? I am not sure where I bought it .

anyway not wanting to but probably will take a day and pull transmission and do it. if I don't and I take it up to Okteenerfest I guess I am taking the chance that it could fail on me while there and then be stuck!

any suggestion and insight appreciated.

Phil
Mark Henry
Last couple I got had only a little bit of crappy grease in them. If it's making noise it's likely already shot.
You can press it apart and re-pack it with a quality waterproof grease like swepco 101.

DRPHIL914
ive heard of this on the wheel bearings too, didn't consider it back when I installed this so good to know, so I will order one and check it before I install it.

thanks for the info - who do you order yours thru?

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.