Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Ducting for Heat Backdate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
moldygreg
Hi all-

I have sourced 2.0L Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers to get rid of the original 1975 Heat Exchangers.

I belive I need the following:
Heater ducting, including

--S-ducts from fan shroud to exchangers
--J-tubes from topside hoses to S-ducts
--Pipes from exchangers to "flapper valves"

Appreciate help if anyone has done this successfully before.

Many thanks in advance,

Greg
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(moldygreg @ Jul 24 2019, 11:47 AM) *

Hi all-

I have sourced 2.0L Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers to get rid of the original 1975 Heat Exchangers.

I belive I need the following:
Heater ducting, including

--S-ducts from fan shroud to exchangers
--J-tubes from topside hoses to S-ducts
--Pipes from exchangers to "flapper valves"

Appreciate help if anyone has done this successfully before.

Many thanks in advance,

Greg

I have some if not all of those parts, the J-tubes for sure and they are inexcellent condition and primed ready for you to repaint. - no clean up or degreasing! I may have a set of the S-ducts as well. I have the gaskets too I believe.
I also did the back date when I put on the 2.0 HE rather than the '75 late stuff.
you will be glad you did this.
PM me your email and I can sent you pics tonight.
I can box and ship, minimal cost just cost of shipping when we weigh it, shouldn't be to bad - we can talk price I don't even have a price in mind, just make a fair offer if you are ok with that.

Dr. Phil.
rhodyguy
Ensure you get the correct clamping covers for the S ducting. You will also need the warm air elbow and L(late)&R warm air guides. If you can get the L AND R versions WAE it will help with the valve control wire.
ClayPerrine
I have multiple sets of the heater ducting.

Let me know what you need.

Chi-town
Most of it's available new from Dansk.

I would do the valves new as the seals on used ones are usually toast
moldygreg
Sourced! Thanks @rhodyguy -- was a beautiful drive to South Sound last night.
Mt. Rainier is majestic!

Greg
PanelBilly
I have a box of that stuff too. If there's anything that Kevin missed, let me know
rhodyguy
He needs the pass side warm air guide. I only had the dr side. 914rubber offers affordable gaskets for the covers. Prior, I refused to the buy the expensive ones, I laid some beads of RTV, let it set up and the covers sealed just fine.
rhodyguy
A bump for Greg. He needs a early version pass side warm air guide to complete his setup.
moldygreg
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 28 2019, 06:38 AM) *

A bump for Greg. He needs a early version pass side warm air guide to complete his setup.

Thanks. Yes, I need the early passenger warm air guide --- thanks!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(moldygreg @ Jul 30 2019, 09:49 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 28 2019, 06:38 AM) *

Thanks. Yes, I need the early passenger warm air guide --- thanks!

I have one! Sorry I didn’t get back to you on the other parts but I have this early guide that I believe I bought from Rhodguy too when I was doing my back dating but I have later shift rod- if you have the tail shifter linkage this should be what you need
rhodyguy
That's a dr side. The pass side has a squarish channel rather than the up or down curve.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 3 2019, 05:50 PM) *

That's a dr side. The pass side has a squarish channel rather than the up or down curve.

mad.gif headbang.gif I knew that , I need to learn to read arg!! Didn’t even see the passenger vs driver - ok -anyway Kevin I got this from you LOL and need to pass it on cuz I don’t need it.

Good luck with search for the other side- I don’t think I have one of those but I have everything else!
theer
I thought the pass side warm air guides were all the same? What's the diff early vs late?

rhodyguy
The 75-76 HE WAGs are completely dif. Newmerous components differ when backdating to early HEs.
moldygreg
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 5 2019, 07:00 AM) *

The 75-76 HE WAGs are completely dif. Newmerous components differ when backdating to early HEs.

Still looking and in need of early (pre-1975 passenger warm air guide valve)
Thanks!!
carl k
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I have this one, it was stripped but never painted so no surprises! Overall it is straight.
One minor tear/cut and the hole where it bolts to the engine case is slightly oversized.

$10 plus shipping.

-Carl
moldygreg
QUOTE(carl k @ Aug 5 2019, 06:34 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I have this one, it was stripped but never painted so no surprises! Overall it is straight.
One minor tear/cut and the hole where it bolts to the engine case is slightly oversized.

$10 plus shipping.

-Carl

Hi Carl -
sent you a PM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.