Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone heard from aircooledtechguy (Nate Morse)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
max72914
Hello all,
A little over a year ago I made a post asking if anyone had heard from Nate Morse, who used to own a shop in Anacortes. Coming up on two years ago, my dad dropped my motor, transmission, and tons of new parts off to him. We heard from him a few times in the first few months, but never after. I'm assuming he hasn't worked on it, and I just want to get my stuff back. I've written to him, or what I thought is his address. I've emailed, called, texted him and many people who have worked with him. The address that I have is incorrect. I find it odd that he has not reached out, as he is a somewhat reputable mechanic in the NW Washington area. I have no idea what is happening, and I hope he is okay, but I am extremely frustrated and becoming more as time comes on. I am only 20 and I am a college student, so I want my car back on the road. He hasn't been active on 914 world since March 4, either. I'm hoping somebody has an idea of what is going on. Thanks for reading and any information is greatly appreciated!
Max Middendorf
IronHillRestorations
Don't know Nate, or had any dealings with him, but I'll offer that you're going to have to make a trip to see him
bandjoey
Nate Morse
EMAIL: nate_at_aircooledtech_dot_com
CROSSROADS: Hwy 20 & Whidbey Ave
CITY: Oak Harbor
ZIP CODE: 98277
PHONE: (360) 675-1609
VW'S: '66 E-Z Camper, '67 Squareback
No idea how old this is...HOpe it helps.
ConeDodger
Hasn’t been on this site since March 5th or so.
76-914
Sounds like he won't be coming back either. shades.gif
Dion
Here’s what I have. I purchased a throttle body from him in June 2016.
rhodyguy
The doors on the Anacortes shop are shut. IIRC Nate lives in or near Oak Harbor. Are you sending PM or EM? I would use the email. Send the email via his profile page.
VaccaRabite
Hope he is okay. He helped me with product testing the shifter knobs I made years ago, and was very helpful while I was getting my EFI together for my 914. But year I have not heard from him in a while.
Zach
rhodyguy
The T-3 was pretty special.
sportlicherFahrer
Last I heard he closed up shop to go back to trade school. It's been a couple years since then.
Nogoodwithusernames
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 25 2019, 04:16 PM) *

The T-3 was pretty special.

Yeah that Squareback was super cool. Hope he's doing good.

To the OP you may want to check over on the shoptalk forums as he used to be fairly active over there and see if anyone know's what's up? He last visited the samba on the 22nd so he must still be around. Goes by Nate M. over there. Good luck to you, he seemed like a cool guy from what I've seen.
sixnotfour
Nate is OK i inquired to him a 5 months ago, yes the shop is gone , yes he went back to school , and ls now an employee , metal worker. says he happy with just having a job and not running a business,,,said he crews for some race team , for some fun..
I got a hold of him through FB..

Max Middendorf, ill reach out to him ,,see what happens

max72914
Thanks for the help everyone I really appreciate it! I've tried to contact him every way so far except for the samba. Hopefully it works out! I want to get er back on the road
Cairo94507
Please do not let any more time slip by. The sooner you deal with this the better. beerchug.gif Good luck.
get off my lawn
I got a pretty good idea how this will turn out, but I hope I'm wrong.

Good luck.
Dr Evil
Ive known Nate for a few years, hung out with him twice at my workshops, he always donated to pay for a member or two to go to the workshops. He has always been kind and generous, so this is an odd thing to happen. It seems like someone got a hold of him, and I am glad he is doing ok and happy. I hope you get your stuff back.

The raised squareback mentioned was not Nates, that belonged to another old member whose name I am blanking on. Nate drove an old VW bus around.
rhodyguy
What? Itygiaw. Nate's square was the one he took took to Bonneville. I never saw him drive a van. Don't remember him being at mike's or mark's. Def not mark's.
sixnotfour
salt flat -- square back,,,dan root had the lifted one
rhodyguy
Forgot about dan's rig.
VaccaRabite
Yeah Nate’s Square had a T4 that was run through MSII that was a huge influence on my push from carbs to modern injection.

Zach
sixnotfour
Nate is alive and just laying low, he said he has reached out to Max,
Rand
Just for fun, take a look at this pic from WCR in White City. "Where's Nate?" Easier to spot than Waldo.

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 2 2019, 02:51 PM) *

What? Itygiaw. Nate's square was the one he took took to Bonneville. I never saw him drive a van. Don't remember him being at mike's or mark's. Def not mark's.

He was at John Clemens place in Battlefield, Battleground, what ever the name. He had to fix the shift linkage in his bus.
914werke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTP7jvbsJBs
smile.gif
Greenwood
Unfortunately, I have to revive this old thread I came across while trying to reach Nate. I'm in the same boat as Max and wondering if others have had any success getting in contact with Nate.

I had put a deposit of a good chunk of change (for me) to start work on a motor build when he shut down his shop. Since then, I have been trying on and off to get in contact with him to get my money back or get the parts that he was going to purchase for build.

I really liked Nate and put a lot of trust in him (perhaps blindly, admittedly) so I am disappointed that things didn't work. Alas, the past is the past and if possible, I would just like to close this out one way or another so I can move on.

If anyone here knows Nate or his whereabouts, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could reach out to him and let him know that I'm still looking to resolve this.

Feel free to send me PM if that works better.

Thanks
rhodyguy
Last active 6/8. Use the email feature, not PM, for contact.
sixnotfour
pm sent,,
@914werke may know more
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.