Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Interior Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John
Has anyone made a metal bracket that can be attached to the original backpad that accepts a currently available interior light? I have cash and would buy a pre-made bracket that can be attached to the backpad that would accept one of the currently available interior lights. HINT, HINT. Product idea that many might want (me included).

Just throwing it out there as I haven't yet attempted to make a sheet metal bracket that holds the currently available interior lights. I had until recently lived with my superglued-together original light until I took it out to put an LED light in it when it crumbled so badly that I had to bite the big one and purchase an aftermarket unit that fits like poo. stromberg.gif

ConeDodger
Just a personal solution. My stock backpad would not accept and hold the VW replacement light. It kept popping out. But after replacing my backpad with the 914rubber plastic, it popped right in with a positive click and I’ve never looked back.
@mikey914
DickSteinkamp
I installed mine with the stock backpad off. That way I was able to bend the mounting tabs on the light to securely hold it in place. The downside is that I would have to remove the backpad to replace the bulb if needed. I don't really see much of a need for the light, however, and have left it in the "off" position since I installed it.

IPB Image
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Jul 28 2019, 10:22 PM) *

I installed mine with the stock backpad off. That way I was able to bend the mounting tabs on the light to securely hold it in place. The downside is that I would have to remove the backpad to replace the bulb if needed. I don't really see much of a need for the light, however, and have left it in the "off" position since I installed it.

IPB Image

I did the same thing. Much easier with back pad off.
John
Maybe that is the answer. I'd have to remove the backpad to install something different regardless, so I suppose I'll plan on doing that and seeing what I can do to make it latch in.

At least I know I'm not alone in this.

By the way, where did you find the light with a white switch? The only ones I could find have black switches.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
file a notch in the interior light that is down lower and it will clip in
John
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 29 2019, 09:04 AM) *

file a notch in the interior light that is down lower and it will clip in

Do you happen to have a picture? I hear that they are worth 1000 words.

JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(John @ Jul 29 2019, 12:53 PM) *

Maybe that is the answer. I'd have to remove the backpad to install something different regardless, so I suppose I'll plan on doing that and seeing what I can do to make it latch in.

At least I know I'm not alone in this.

By the way, where did you find the light with a white switch? The only ones I could find have black switches.

There are a couple listings on eBay with white switches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.