Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Squealing like a pig
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
I'm tired of hearing my 320i brakes squealing. Kinda embarrassing to squeal so bad every time you come up to a stop light. So, I've decided to replace them. Looking for recommendations for street driving, and some "fun" canyon driving on occasion.

I could also use some suggestions on breaking them in, so I don't end up in the same situation a few weeks from now.

As always, thanks for your input in advance.

Carlos
SLITS
Pads should come with "anti-squeal" shims or you can go to the FLAPS and get the blue goo anti squeal stuff (spray on back of pads).......

Whew.....for a moment I thought you got to close to Howie ohmy.gif
Carlitos Way
Don't you know? Howard is Jewish. He doesn't do pork... spank.gif

Oh... hi Howard!!!!
rick 918-S
I've always run Pagid pads. Here's a link. I used them with my Bmw 2002 calipers on the Alien.Bedding in pads
VegasRacer
hijacked.gif
Wow. Rick used a live link in his post. I've never seen him do that before. smilie_pokal.gif

Did you have your son / wife help or have you learned some new computer skills? wink.gif
Carlitos Way
Rick,

Thanks for the link. Do you have a recommendation on where to get Pagid pads?

Thanks,

Carlos
Qarl
GPR Parts might have them? http://www.gprparts.com

campbellcj
FWIW I've gotten Pagids from Paragon Products several times. Shipping is very quick and Jason is one of the 914 Good Guys.

http://www.paragon-products.com/Visit_our_...Store_s/248.htm

I've never had the Pagids squeal or squeek thus far. I think it is mainly a matter of having everything in the braking system in good order (i.e., new or as-new) and bedding the pads correctly, which is a specific and somewhat hairy procedure to the first-timer...but important to do correctly otherwise you may as well write-off your new pads and possibly your rotors and tires as well, since you might trash 'em at your next track outing.

Cheers,
rick 918-S
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jun 27 2005, 01:22 PM)
hijacked.gif
Wow. Rick used a live link in his post. I've never seen him do that before.   smilie_pokal.gif

Did you have your son / wife help or have you learned some new computer skills?  ;)

Funny John.... dry.gif Who say's you can't teach an old pig new tricks... biggrin.gif Oh ya that's dog... I was distracted by Qarl's post screwy.gif

Here's another live link to a pad source. bootyshake.gif I like them. I actually had some brake dust to clean off the wheels after the Willow Springs event. That was cool! They work better with a little heat in them.

Bavarian Auto Sport
Carlitos Way
How'd you do that? I love the pig squeal every time I come back here.
Kargeek
I've done many a brake jobs on BMW's...Pagids pads are good- an OEM replacement but, they produce a lot of brake dust. Look at all of the BMW's on the road with black dusty wheels. I use Mintex - street in the I believe, red box. To keep them from squealing...clean the caliper well with brake cleaner and yes, some pads now come with anti squeal pads but I use a small amount of moly grease on the backside of the pad. Squealing is caused by pad vibration in the caliper so, also make sure your rotors are in in good shape. BMW rotors are cheap, check out www.bma.com. Dave H
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.