Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mikayla is a 914 driver.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
After years of waiting and recently learning to drive a manual car on a 2012 Subaru WRX, today was first day my 16 year old daughter Mikayla finally got to drive a 914. I am not sure who was more excited to experience it. She safely put down about 25 miles on the back roads between South San Jose and Morgan Hill Ca.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

914Sixer
Sweeeet!
Andyrew
driving-girl.gif

Congrats!! Big moment there!
Rleog
Well done, Dad. Lots more to learn but she’s on the way to having skills that will last a lifetime.
mmichalik
Awesome! I did a similar thing with my youngest daughter this weekend as well. We never got out of the parking lot or 1st gear but, she has the pedal coordination down. Valuable life experience for them. Well done!
Cairo94507
Congratulations Michael. That is an experience to be proud of. beerchug.gif
moe
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
maf914
Michael, That's great to see and hear. Make some nice prints of those photos and frame them. Great memories!
Ferg
Awesome!
johnhora
VERY COOL!
Dion
That is just fantastic. So cool.
JeffBowlsby
Great to see young drivers learning the stick shift.
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
pt_700
awesome to have a designated driver you trust, congrats!
rick 918-S
driving-girl.gif
RickS
Any teen that can master a manual and especially a 914 gear box will do well in life.
oakdalecurtis
A dozen years and I’ll post my grandkids driving...
Click to view attachment
piratenanner.gif
Morph914
Good times! Great memories!
whitetwinturbo
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jul 28 2019, 06:33 PM) *

After years of waiting and recently learning to drive a manual car on a 2012 Subaru WRX, today was first day my 16 year old daughter Mikayla finally got to drive a 914. I am not sure who was more excited to experience it. She safely put down about 25 miles on the back roads between South San Jose and Morgan Hill Ca.

Was she able to operate pedals while wearing those boots? driving-girl.gif
Millerwelds
beerchug.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(Jamie @ Jul 30 2019, 06:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Michael N @ Jul 28 2019, 06:33 PM) *

Was she able to operate pedals while wearing those boots? driving-girl.gif

No, the picture with boots was several years ago. The big debate is who is going to get mom’s 914 and dad’s 914 when Kathy and I are gone. Two kids and two 914s.
Tdskip
Congratulations - nice moment.
oakdalecurtis
“The big debate is who is going to get mom’s 914 and dad’s 914 when Kathy and I are gone. Two kids and two 914s.”
[/quote]

I was in our hot tub recently with my 3 grandsons. I like to discuss esoteric things with them. A friend of mine had died recently and I ended up explaining to the boys how a Will works. I shared with them about how you write things down that you own that you want people to have after you’re gone. When I finished my detailed explanation, my 10 year old asked" “Papa”? I said “Yes Grif?” Then as quick as a flash he said “Can I have the Porsche?” At least I know that he has his priorities straight!
cheer.gif

EdwardBlume
Time flies.

Get her rebuilding a transmission now!

aktion035.gif
Betty
cheer.gif driving-girl.gif cheer.gif driving-girl.gif cheer.gif driving-girl.gif cheer.gif driving-girl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.