Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here We Go Again, Aftermarket Crap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Ok, I was the test subject for the JP Group (Dansk) tail light lens. DO NOT buy them. They DO NOT fit. Lens stick out about 1/2" past the curve of the fender and DO NOT come with seals. Adding pictures of stock Hella first, followed by the JP lens.
Andyrew
Eeek that looks like shit...
aharder
Thanks for testing and the Heads up !!
rhodyguy
Back to the drawing board. Upside is, a fine set of used genuine USA or Euros just went up in value.
mepstein
We tested a bunch of JP/Dansk 911 sheet metal. It was like they eyeballed the dimensions and never checked the end product. What a waste.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
that was always the problem with the lenses, since they come in three sections glued together. If the lineup is not correct they will not fit well. They lenses are not dansk but from an italian company. At this point after trying everything I think that ours fit best
SirAndy
Do any of these people even own a 914?

I mean, it wouldn't be too hard to check fitment on an actual car *before* you mass produce a product.
confused24.gif

Morrie
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 29 2019, 12:06 PM) *

that was always the problem with the lenses, since they come in three sections glued together. If the lineup is not correct they will not fit well. They lenses are not dansk but from an italian company. At this point after trying everything I think that ours fit best

Hi George,

I have to agree with you based on two sets of other aftermarket lenses. The fit on one of mine from AA isn't perfect, but they are sooo much better than the others I respect the effort and am happy with the product.

Thanks!
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Morrie @ Jul 29 2019, 01:33 PM) *

Hi George,

I have to agree with you based on two sets of other aftermarket lenses. The fit on one of mine from AA isn't perfect, but they are sooo much better than the others I respect the effort and am happy with the product.

Thanks!

Me too. I really like the lens I got from Auto Atlanta.
sb914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jul 29 2019, 11:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Morrie @ Jul 29 2019, 01:33 PM) *

Hi George,

Thanks!

Me too. I really like the lens I got from Auto Atlanta.

Looks great! Now adjust the rubber stops on your trunk. poke.gif my ocd is kicking in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.