Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jacques Duval Tribute PARADE LAPS Mont Tremblant Sept 28
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
14carrot
Click to view attachment
Calling all East Coast and Canuck 914s to the Fall Classic, Circuit Mont-Tremblant.

914 PARADE LAPS OF HISTORIC MONT-TREMBLANT CIRCUIT!

Join the 914 50 Corral and meet Jacques Duval. Cars must be positioned in the corral by 10 a.m. 914 attendees will receive a commemorative hero card and limited edition reproduction Jacques Duval Racing Team decal as found on the Daytona winning car. Get your hero card signed by Jacques Duval in a personal meet and greet autograph session.

Schedule:

7:00 Porsche Restoration Cars on view all day
8:00-10:00 914 cars and coffee in Rennsport Porsche corral (continues all day)
9:00-9:25 GT3 Cup Qualifying
10:00 SIG914 914 50th presentation to Jacques
10:45 public autograph session with Jacques and GT3 drivers
11:55 lunch break
12:00 914s grid for track
12:20 JACQUES LEADS PARADE LAPS OF 914S
1:00 GT3 Cup Races
2:30-3:30 Mountain Fun Run

See the garage forum for more details or visit
https://lecircuit.com/portfolios/fall-classic/
for general information.

Contact me for free event tickets if you are attending with a 914.
piratenanner.gif
Parade laps are a $20 (Canadian) donation to charitable causes.

As you are no doubt aware, Jacques Duval, Robert Bailey and George Nicholas won their GT 2500 class in the 1971 Daytona with this 914-6, finishing 6th overall.

Please reply publicly right here if we can count on your attendance or email me for more info.

The Fall Classic is the last race on the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge. Details here:

Mont Tremblant is an incredibly scenic tourist destination with lots of twisties perfect for enjoying your 914.

Be there!
SirAndy
That would be a bit of a drive ...
huh.gif

14carrot
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 29 2019, 02:14 PM) *

huh.gif

Probably equivalent to Eric Shea's daily commute.

What say ye, east coasters???

914canuck
I will be there ! almost in my backyard
TonyA
QUOTE(14carrot @ Jul 29 2019, 06:50 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 29 2019, 02:14 PM) *

huh.gif

Probably equivalent to Eric Shea's daily commute.

What say ye, east coasters???

Well I do have a passport already this time. It seems a little longer than to Mosport but not by much.......let me think a little about this. It is very tempting. I think I might. I' ll let you know. Maybe. Just might. It all depends. idea.gif driving.gif
14carrot
11 days to go!
14carrot
QUOTE(14carrot @ Jul 29 2019, 02:06 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Calling all East Coast and Canuck 914s to the Fall Classic, Circuit Mont-Tremblant.

Join the 914 50 Corral, Saturday September 28th, and meet Jacques Duval. 914 attendees will receive a commemorative hero card they can have signed by Jacques Duval in a personal meet and greet.

As you are no doubt aware, Jacques Duval, Robert Bailey and George Nicholas won their GT 2500 class in the 1971 Daytona with this 914-6, finishing 6th overall.

Please reply publicly right here if we can count on your attendance or email me for more info.

The Fall Classic is the last race on the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge. Details here:

Mont Tremblant is an incredibly scenic tourist destination with lots of twisties perfect for enjoying your 914.

Be there!

14carrot
ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

Once in a lifetime 914 opportunity to drive the historic track with a 914 legend.

CONTACT ME FOR FREE TICKETS
sixnotfour
did the original steering wheel ever get back to the car ?? that was a weird sales offering.....

I do wish I could make the event...
Garland
Looks like it’s a straight shot through Ottawa from here.

white914.jpg dog.gif

Click to view attachment
Big Len
Would love to attend. Learned Formula Ford's on that track. We'll see.
14carrot
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 21 2019, 05:27 PM) *

did the original steering wheel ever get back to the car ?? that was a weird sales offering.....

I do wish I could make the event...

Come with Eric! biggrin.gif

We were not able to obtain the genuine Daytona car which recently sold (anybody know its whereabouts and have contact info for the new owner?) so some lucky person will have the honour of allowing Jacques to drive his/her car in the parade. Might be my '73 if a more suitable car is not found.
14carrot
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 21 2019, 05:57 PM) *

Do it! We need some East Coasters!!! Tony A. hiked in from PA for our CanAm 914 50th at Mosport but has a family commitment this time around and sends his regrets.
TonyA
QUOTE(14carrot @ Sep 22 2019, 01:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 21 2019, 05:57 PM) *

Do it! We need some East Coasters!!! Tony A. hiked in from PA for our CanAm 914 50th at Mosport but has a family commitment this time around and sends his regrets.

Lenny, if I wasn’t already committed to my wife’s birthday celebrations I would be going. I had a great time at Mosport. Fantastic group of people and some very nice cars. You should go Eh.
slyder
Hotel is booked, let the road trip begin:)
pierrem
I'll be there, with a fresh coat of gold metalic paint!
looking forward!
P.
14carrot
Bonjour, Welcome to the best 914 resource group in the galaxy! Looking forward to meeting you at one of the most beautiful venues on the planet. 2 days to go! New rubber today. Thanks Greg and the gang!:Click to view attachment welcome.png
14carrot
QUOTE(pierrem @ Sep 25 2019, 04:17 AM) *

I'll be there, with a fresh coat of gold metalic paint!
looking forward!
P.

Let's see the car, "Goldmember"!!!
SKL1
Click to view attachment

This car will be there? Just saw it at Rare Shades 4 in LA on 9/14...

Should be a fun event but a non-starter being in AZ!
14carrot
The original intent was to bring in the Duval car from Boston, but then it sold to a buyer in California. Somebody is very lucky to have that car. Really wish it was here for Jacques. Maybe it will be at Daytona in 2021 for the 50th of the big win. If the owner is out there, please contact me. Jacques, Bob and George would no doubt love to have that reunion!
Looks like Jacques will be stuck with my car.
14carrot
Some of the free swag heading to Mont-Tremblant for our teener attendees! piratenanner.gif
Can't wait to meet Jacques, Francois and everyone from Quebec! Challenge to our US friends - Award awaits any US 914 participant!!
Be there!Click to view attachment
PatrickB
Have a great time! Hope the weather cooperates. Post lots of pictures!
914canuck
It was rainy, slippery but really fun. Thank you John for all the organization you've put into the event !Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
PatrickB
QUOTE(914canuck @ Sep 29 2019, 09:33 PM) *

It was rainy, slippery but really fun. Thank you John for all the organization you've put into the event !

Looks like it was fun. maybe next year?
14carrot
QUOTE(914canuck @ Sep 29 2019, 05:33 PM) *

It was rainy, slippery but really fun. Thank you John for all the organization you've put into the event !Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Hi Jean! It was good to see you again. So glad you braved the rain to be there! Click to view attachment
14carrot
More pics.Click to view attachment
14carrot
PicClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.