Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast (Oregon/Wash) body shop to install metal flares.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9144me2enjoy
Looking for someone on the West Coast, preferably Oregon or Washington area that installs metal flares on Porsche 914s. Thinking about going with 911SC flares. Trying to find someone that is reasonable, don’t have to do the paint work just install them to the point that they’re ready to go to the body/paint shop. Thanks for any recommendations.
Rand
If you do this please change your theme to GT fenders. Doing anything else only cheapens the whole car. FWIW.
9144me2enjoy
Thanks for your 2 cents but I’ve had both over the years and personally if you can find someone that knows how to mold metal, I personally love the looks/style of the 911 flares. As far as value, thats depends on the eye of the beholder!
73-914
QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jul 29 2019, 07:33 PM) *

Thanks for your 2 cents but I’ve had both over the years and personally if you can find someone that knows how to mold metal, I personally love the looks/style of the 911 flares. As far as value, thats depends on the eye of the beholder!

very nice
9144me2enjoy
driving.gif Thanks, I wish I still owned her!
mzalanka
@cary
mepstein
QUOTE(mzalanka @ Jul 29 2019, 09:28 PM) *

agree.gif welder.gif
Rand
I mean no offense to anyone. Funny thing is I used to like easy flares. But only because I did that as a teenager. Now only like real GT style on a 914. Please don't fuch it up.

It's so easy to spot what is wrong when it's that obvious. It POPs wrong.
sixnotfour
well, I am sorry Rand ....GT flares overdone...not that special anymore....redrum..80s baby..
Larmo63
Those 911 SC flares on a 914..... barf.gif
eeyore
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 30 2019, 05:18 PM) *

well, I am sorry Rand ....GT flares overdone...not that special anymore....redrum..80s baby..

agree.gif drunk.gif
framos914
Click to view attachment these 911 flares have been on since 1980, will go back to stock some time in the future.
rhodyguy
'GT Flares over done'. Too funny. thumb3d.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 31 2019, 12:50 PM) *

gts are the safe bet,,,but ...
sixnotfour
this 914-6 had some interesting flares,,,,,,at Eurotech Body Werks, kirkland wa...
funny thing is they got cut off , the new owner wants a GT...and they painted it ...
Green
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 31 2019, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 31 2019, 12:50 PM) *

gts are the safe bet,,,but ...

drooley.gif
RickS
I would highly recommend Queen City in Redmond Wa. They are one of the few Porsche certified body shops on the west coast. They have done excellent work on my two P cars and my wife’s Audi and stand behind it 100%. The have been around for years and will continue to do so. You will have no regrets
scallyk9
Talk to Mark at Eurotech Bodywerkes in Kirkland, WA. He has worked on both of mine and he owns a 914 himself with a great parts cache. In fact I got my LE back from him on Monday and at my first stop, a gas station, two chaps separately complimented the car and the second one asked if he could take photos. Currently at Mark's shop, he is flaring a Pantera to replicate a racing version from photos and the front flare gradation to a custom dam is right-on.
rhodyguy
I like the more subtle flares. Nice project for ET. All the way from Penn?
Gary
SC flares can look pretty nice to my eye too. Mine were done on the east coast, so no help on who can do them for you.

Click to view attachment
914werke
QUOTE(RickS @ Jul 31 2019, 07:47 PM) *
I would highly recommend Queen City in Redmond Wa. They are one of the few Porsche certified body shops on the west coast. You will have no regrets

Just met Steve the other day as he picked up a hood from me for a customers /6 conversion
Nice guy, & 914 Owner! smile.gif
Rand
I love the bulge. When the tires are just stuffed under there and they almost fit. Like Foley's flares. But don't get crazy. I'm really surprised to hear guys saying the things about GT flares. That baffles me. It's classic and correct. Who wants something weird?

914werke
To each his own!
Keep it WEIRD!
Rand
I respect that.
mepstein
QUOTE(Rand @ Aug 1 2019, 02:05 PM) *

I love the bulge. When the tires are just stuffed under there and they almost fit. Like Foley's flares. But don't get crazy. I'm really surprised to hear guys saying the things about GT flares. That baffles me. It's classic and correct. Who wants something weird?

I saw my first 914 when I was 10, bought one when I was 16 and then a year later, stopped by a little shop that was doing flared conversion cars. I couldn't believe how "right" the cars looked with GT flares. I knew I had to have them on my car. Probably why I now have two flared cars and a set of flares for an extra chassis. To me, the boxy flares look right on a 914 and the rounded flares look good on a 911. But it's your car... beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 1 2019, 11:48 AM) *

QUOTE(RickS @ Jul 31 2019, 07:47 PM) *
I would highly recommend Queen City in Redmond Wa. They are one of the few Porsche certified body shops on the west coast. You will have no regrets

Just met Steve the other day as he picked up a hood from me for a customers /6 conversion
Nice guy, & 914 Owner! smile.gif

Jason Meyering 914 owner also works there.. beerchug.gif
9144me2enjoy
Thanks for all the feedback......I will check with Queen City and Eurotech Bodywerkes in Washington!
14carrot
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 31 2019, 12:43 PM) *

this 914-6 had some interesting flares,,,,,,at Eurotech Body Werks, kirkland wa...
funny thing is they got cut off , the new owner wants a GT...and they painted it ...
Green

Too bad. The existing flares were an interesting part of that car's history. I must admit though, I do love GT flares.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.