Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 2.0 fuel injection system complete + Bowlsby harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Downerman
Couple of notes..... The large intake hoses (4) are not included. I had to use a utility knife to get them off they were so tight. I bought them new and there cheap. Also the fuel pump runs perfectly BUT the top plate held on with two screws, well one of the outlet ports is broken off so a new top would be in order. Like I said though, the pump hums along perfectly.

The MPS has tangerine racing new diaphragm in it and it ohm'd out to specs. All of the other components worked as well. The injectors are original (Not rebuilt) and they were clogged when I first setup the system and I got them cleaned and working. Correct original distributor that is in great shape. (in fact everything except the FI Box is original and off my car). The box...well I went through 3 of them to finally get one that worked.

Due to my stupidity, and somehow missing the "0" on the flywheel and seeing only the red "|" mark I never got the timing right and gave up on the Fuel injection after buying a BRAND NEW Jeff Bowlsby harness. Go price one of those out. It was literally in the car for two weeks until I just pulled it all out and went with Redline Webers that I have some experience with. Still ran bad but that's when I thought about really checking EVERYTHING and found "0" under some crud. Imagine that. I had read that some of the flywheels didn't have that mark... oh well, another story. I sent the harness back to Jeff to have it evaluated but he couldn't resale as new which I understand but he did check it all out and it's of course perfect. (great service by the way). Also have the old one but it's hacked and so brittle. Should also note that Jeff's Alternator cable is in my car now and not included. Just his main FI harness is included and in the plastic bag.

I painted the items you see in black with 914rubbers black paint that supposedly matches the original stuff. Also hit some of those item with a high temp clear. All of the hoses were also purchased new from 914rubber. I did swipe one of the vacuum hoses for my webers.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I know I'm probably forgetting something but I want to lay it all on the table (Or garage floor) and be as transparent as possible. I'm not going back to FI and thought about just keeping it for future value of the car but at 60 I'm just going to drive the hell out of it and enjoy and at least able to work on those webers.

Spoke with some insiders and they have helped me determine a fair price. I'm asking $1800 for it all. Like I said, go price a new harness. In the meantime I'm also going to try a few resources I have for a new fuel pump top with all three ports. (Not a broken one).

Dave
Downerman
Another Pic
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.