Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Brazilian made thermostat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
I have read about these as having no fail safe,wondering if they are reliable,I see George is selling them but general feedback is they aren't worth the risk,comments from those who have used/sell them would be a help,however need to know if they are reliable.
Click to view attachment
I know nothing about them and that's the reason I'am asking.
TIA
Beebo Kanelle
Got this one and never looked back
http://awesomepowdercoat.com/Porsche_914_t...stat_parts.html
porschetub
Yes been there thanks and then there is the Chinese ones too !!.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
small modification of the bracket needed but work great. Wheeler Dealers had a small video on installing when they did the 914 several years ago
malcolm2
QUOTE(Beebo Kanelle @ Aug 1 2019, 12:34 AM) *

I am with you. They do good work and have everything you need.

I have heard that when the non-OEM ones, with the spring, fail, the flaps stay closed. The OEM accordian fails and the flaps stay open. Safer to be open, right?

Not sure about the failure rate of either.
mepstein
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Aug 1 2019, 11:12 AM) *

I have heard that when the non-OEM ones, with the spring, fail, the flaps stay closed. The OEM accordian fails and the flaps stay open. Safer to be open, right?

I think “wheeler dealer” incorrectly stated that the engine was overheating because of the failed thermostat. It was a fun episode but not all that truthful.
tvdinnerbythepool
I installed the Awesome Powdercoat thermo per the recommendation of guys here. Works very well, but it did take about a month as they were backed up when I ordered.
porschetub
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Aug 2 2019, 03:12 AM) *

Yep know all that thanks, presume they are just a bi-mental spring which could wear out in the end,then you could say "oh I have a temp gauge" but WTF.gif do you do when it fails ...no tools ,pissing down with rain @ and midnight and no torch for example.
Currently looking @ repop original,will report back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.