Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted in Inglewood
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2mAn
IPB Image

Ive seen this collection too often and I wonder if anyone recognizes the 914. I peaked into the tray and it looked like a 3.6 swap! Besides the Mustang and the BMW 2002, I believe he also owns an El Camino, a 633CSI and likely a VW Bus too. They are all along the same strip. I left a message a while ago, maybe its time to do it again if nobody here recognizes the car

Thanks
-Simon
RickS
Believe it is pronounced Inglehood. Nice find.
jim_hoyland
Did you get the VIN ? With the VIN, you could look in the VIN database and see whether the car is attached to a screen -name; or if it's not in the VIN database, you could add the car. I regularly do this, and to be clear, I state " Seen (date) at ( location)..... and if I posted a pic, the image UIRL can be pasted into the PHOTO dialog box.
burton73
This is a couple of blocks from my shop. One of my workers asked him if he wanted to sell his car and he said no way. I have been looking at this car for years. It does move and the other cars in front of his house move as well so they do not get a ticket on street sweeping day.

Bob B
slap.gif
ValcoOscar
Brian Stienman or Brian Goldstien???

Music or Film guy. Nice, but private gentleman. Has two other homes filled with unique cars in Ladera Heights or Fairfax areas.

idea.gif

Oscar
maf914
The nose of the 914 under the Mustang rear bumper looks like trouble. unsure.gif
horizontally-opposed
Years ago, there was a really nice black 914-4 on the cover of VW&Porsche or European Car magazine with all-polished 16x7 (?) Fuchs tucked under narrow bodywork. IIRC, it had the top and sides in gloss black, and it might have had Euro side markers. Seem to remember it had an LE spoiler and bumper guards front and rear. Definitely had the "Porsche" fiberglass side valances with the molded letters.

I think it appeared more than once, first with a supercharged Type IV and then with a six, I believe. Wonder if this could be that car, plus use and time and a 3.6?
2mAn
QUOTE(burton73 @ Aug 2 2019, 11:16 AM) *

This is a couple of blocks from my shop. One of my workers asked him if he wanted to sell his car and he said no way. I have been looking at this car for years. It does move and the other cars in front of his house move as well so they do not get a ticket on street sweeping day.

Bob B
slap.gif

Ironically, just hours after I posted the pic here (its actually an old pic from months ago) I was on my way home and there he was, pulling his bicycle out of his VW Bus. I assumed he was the owner of the other cars and pulled over to talk to him. Nice older gent named Michael. I was chatting with him about the cars, mentioned Im considering getting a 914-6 and he replied, "do you have $100k?" to which I said, not an original, but a conversion, and he just repeated himself haha

He was quite nice, we talked for a while. He has a few BMWs he wants to sell as they are post75, so CA-Smog headache cars. Im going to try and help him sell them, maybe he will then let me go for a ride/ drive his "$100k" 914-6. It has a 3.2 swapped in.
@burton73 , wheres your shop? Have you heard of R&M Autoparts? The 76 2002 is over there
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(2mAn @ Aug 5 2019, 11:05 AM) *

Bob B
slap.gif

Ironically, just hours after I posted the pic here (its actually an old pic from months ago) I was on my way home and there he was, pulling his bicycle out of his VW Bus. I assumed he was the owner of the other cars and pulled over to talk to him. Nice older gent named Michael. I was chatting with him about the cars, mentioned Im considering getting a 914-6 and he replied, "do you have $100k?" to which I said, not an original, but a conversion, and he just repeated himself haha

He was quite nice, we talked for a while. He has a few BMWs he wants to sell as they are post75, so CA-Smog headache cars. Im going to try and help him sell them, maybe he will then let me go for a ride/ drive his "$100k" 914-6. It has a 3.2 swapped in.
@burton73 , wheres your shop? Have you heard of R&M Autoparts? The 76 2002 is over there

Thanks for the update Simon

See ya soon,

Oscar
burton73
QUOTE(2mAn @ Aug 5 2019, 11:05 AM) *

Bob B
slap.gif

I have not heard of R&M. My plastics Shop in on E. Beach 2 doors from Cenentela.

Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.