Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
74ravenna
One of the POs of my car paint my sail panels black (Thanks mepstein).

I want to remove the black paint to get the panels back to the original Ravenna.

Is this possible without damaging the original paint?

Thanks.
burton73
I say no but give it a try.

You could always sand it with a very fine paper. This is not an easy thing to do. I say just remove the black and repaint just that area.

All in all, it will be faster and come out better. But you can try a paint thinner like turpentine that is not as hot as paint remover and see if you can dissolve just that paint and not the original.

Good hunting,

Bob B

popcorn[1].gif
iankarr
If the black paint isn't peeling, it's bonded to the green underneath. Sanding with progressively finer grits as you get to the ravenna layer would be the best and probably only option. Couldn't hurt to try, if you're fallback is to repaint anyway.
74ravenna
At this point it needs to be repainted anyway, so I think I'll try the sandpaper method and see how it goes.

Click to view attachment
burton73
You should of shown this number 1.

Yes you have to do body work and paint.

I love your car color.

Bob B
burton73
Twice
74ravenna
QUOTE(burton73 @ Aug 2 2019, 03:15 PM) *

Twice

Thanks Bob.
The newspaper ad for it just said it was green.
When I walked in to the POs cellar/garage and saw it I was blown away and knew I had to have it.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.