Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "new" real euro 6 on BAT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SKL1
New real 6 on BAT. A euro model so appropriately has no warts!

Will be watching this- should bring serious $$$
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Aug 2 2019, 01:35 PM) *

was just coming over to post this as well - curious as to why the frunk data plate and the VIN plate are shown in pic 79 obviously removed from the car.

Corduroy from the factory? the COA says so.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-pors...el_notification
sixnotfour
I know that six well.........

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...yler&st=20#

https://barnfinds.com/unfinished-dream-1970-porsche-914-6/

yes its euro ,,imported given a quick paint job and lottsa undercouting , he barely got to drive a year before the ear tore off...tried suing , but no luck.
RIP Tyler..
gereed75
Very nice resto with a few minor omissions, but what is up with the shifter? Am I wrong or is that a side shift linkage going to a tailshift trans? Isn’t there a second pivot mechanism at the firewall on a tailshifter?

Nope - had time to research and now see the difference between the 4 and 6 tailshift linkage. Never knew that.
ValcoOscar
Nice overall.
I'm not a buyer at this time so I best not comment on what I see wrong.
Love the color!!!

GLWS

Oscar
sixnotfour
The VIN tags are there . Not installed...
Jett
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Aug 2 2019, 03:18 PM) *

Nice overall.
I'm not a buyer at this time so I best not comment on what I see wrong.
Love the color!!!

GLWS

Oscar

You are kind. I am a buyer and see many missing and bent things, which concerns me. On the positive side, lots of new and shiny parts smile.gif
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 2 2019, 03:51 PM) *

i don't see the A pillar VIN tag mounted in any pictures. I see the passenger headlight bucket/frunk location showing one in the pics....
mepstein
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Aug 2 2019, 07:39 PM) *

i don't see the A pillar VIN tag mounted in any pictures. I see the passenger headlight bucket/frunk location showing one in the pics....

I think I remember someone saying euro cars didn’t have A pillar vin tags.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 2 2019, 04:52 PM) *

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Aug 2 2019, 07:39 PM) *

I think I remember someone saying euro cars didn’t have A pillar vin tags.

That is correct ...
smile.gif
pete000
Not a proper six trans case.
Right Front torsion bar adjuster is from a four.
Header paint burned off.
Why don't people paint under the engine lid the proper black?
Euro cars didn't get engine grill lettering.
Late rear bumper.
Later rear valance.Missing relay box cover.
No bulkhead carpet.
Plastic fuel line,yikes !
raynekat
Here's my list:

As someone before stated, the Euro 914-6’s didn’t have the Porsche lettering on the engine grill.
Underneath the engine grill and the 2 side grills, you should not see body color….it should be painted black.
Looks like many of the engine grill fasteners are missing on the leading edge of the engine grill (could be the pic angle from below?).
There are no plastic holders in the trunk that hold the front of the removable top when it’s stowed away.
No carpeting on the fuel tank bulkhead in the front trunk.
On most of the pics, the black plastic covers are missing from the wiring harness hold down taps (noticable in the front trunk and engine compartment pics).
Missing the driver side heat control valve and air hose that go on the heat exchanger outlet.
Missing the rubber bellows that go on either end of the emergency brake lines underneath the car.
No engine bay relay board cover.
Missing rubber trunk lid bumpers in the front trunk.
And it seems the black springs that hold up the front trunk missed the restoration process.

I'm sure I'm missing a boatload.
Wonders what big things are amiss when I see so many small ones???
FlacaProductions
OK - Euro cars don't have A-pillar VIN tags - then what's that on the top of pic 79?Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Aug 2 2019, 12:38 PM) *

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Aug 2 2019, 01:35 PM) *

was just coming over to post this as well - curious as to why the frunk data plate and the VIN plate are shown in pic 79 obviously removed from the car.

Corduroy from the factory? the COA says so.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-pors...el_notification

I was buying a 356 yesterday in MA and the guy had a 914 that he had had since the late 70s, it had grey cord seats. He said they were very cool in the summer. I should have taken a photo, but it wasn't what I was after. He wants to sell it if anyone is looking for a project.
sixnotfour

if the number is stamped on the spine just behind the bell housing it is correct..early six ..I have 2 ..proper

edit ,,it is a -4 trans

sixnotfour
think about this a guy bought it for 18k shipped tp to CA stripped and .."restored" its sold a couple of times since ...80K ...do the math 62k for someone to do what has been done...maybe not 100% correct,,but that six has had a rugged life and is pretty nice compared to the brown turd it was...

add 4 cylinder , washer bottle
rudedude
Interesting that it is within 4 numbers of my chassis but the motor is 4100 numbers different.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yup saw that right away in the pictures, still has the four cylinder pressure sensor mount attached, so could tell right away the rear suspension console was replaced.

clean car now but I have a long long list on this one

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 2 2019, 02:23 PM) *

I know that six well.........

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...yler&st=20#

https://barnfinds.com/unfinished-dream-1970-porsche-914-6/

yes its euro ,,imported given a quick paint job and lottsa undercouting , he barely got to drive a year before the ear tore off...tried suing , but no luck.
RIP Tyler..

sixnotfour
OK - Euro cars don't have A-pillar VIN tags - then what's that on the top of pic 79?

thats not a factory tag, probably added when it got imported to the US,,,
i remeber the right front fender had the turn signal wart holes filled in...I also think it was a replacement..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I agree

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 3 2019, 11:08 AM) *

think about this a guy bought it for 18k shipped tp to CA stripped and .."restored" its sold a couple of times since ...80K ...do the math 62k for someone to do what has been done...maybe not 100% correct,,but that six has had a rugged life and is pretty nice compared to the brown turd it was...

add 4 cylinder , washer bottle

SKL1
Sounds like that car has had a rough life. Can't imagine anyone would "fix" the rear suspension rust like that, or that it "worked" for anything more than a couple miles!!!!
sixnotfour
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Aug 3 2019, 08:53 PM) *

Sounds like that car has had a rough life. Can't imagine anyone would "fix" the rear suspension rust like that, or that it "worked" for anything more than a couple miles!!!!

the fix was temp. to load on transport to CA...FM
jmitro
LR tire is mounted incorrectly confused24.gif
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(pete000 @ Aug 2 2019, 10:38 PM) *

Right Front torsion bar adjuster is from a four.
Header paint burned off.
Why don't people paint under the engine lid the proper black?
Euro cars didn't get engine grill lettering.
Late rear bumper.
Later rear valance.Missing relay box cover.
No bulkhead carpet.
Plastic fuel line,yikes !

agree.gif Facts are facts. I am negotiating on these things and not just dumping almost 6 figs just because it is a -6.

Nice paint job! Turned out great. drooley.gif

Anyone noticed the Montana-Florida ties? That is how you avoid the slap on the wrist.

-Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.