Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It was a good day and a BAD day...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Katmanken
All,

Good day because Bob brought in his 914 to work and I went out to look at it (at lunch) for inspiration, and a bad day because I got "Terminated".

Yep, Bob's 914 has air conditioning, rear defroster, Pedrini's, a 2.0 engine, short console, rust, and more. I wandered around, looked at door gaps, headlight gaps, etc, and decided I needed to work on my car. I can do this...

Two hours later, I got nuttin but time.........Boss decided to "terminate" me, no explanations.

Anybody need a really good, creative, mechanical engineer, 40 patents issued or in process, and a Registered Patent Agent (passed the U.S Patent Bar Exam)?

Pass the beer, I'm in mourning..... beerchug.gif

Thank God for these two, I need a laugh.....

Ken (on the street again)
TravisNeff
That sucks, what's with eveyrone and job trouble in the past couple months??!?!? Mourn for a day and then hit the streets a runnin' Best of luck!
Joe Bob
Sorry to hear it. I've had the same job 17 years. I still have dreams of getting laid off and having to sell the house.
Allan
Sorry too hear that. Sounds like you should have no problem finding something better.
redshift
blink.gif So, like 20 unemployed regulars... here comes a record post count.

Being jobless has it's benefits, I've been doing alot more laying around, thinking about working on my car, whereas I used to think about working on my car, while I worked. dry.gif

I never knew Flash games had advanced so far.

M
Long Prong
I still hold the record though....500 posts a month for three months, and i was employed!
Joe Bob
Some of us can multi task. I for example do this while on hold when making calls to companies that I deal with....and then when THEY answer, I say...please hold. dry.gif
aircooledboy
QUOTE (Long Prong @ Jun 27 2005, 07:00 PM)
I still hold the record though....500 posts a month for three months, and i was employed!

A CLUE! A CLUE!!
Joe Bob
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Jun 27 2005, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (Long Prong @ Jun 27 2005, 07:00 PM)

A CLUE! A CLUE!!

So between asking if they wanted to "supersize the order" you were tapping on a hand held?
xsboost90
hey someone from cincinnati! we'll have to hook up some time and talk teeners. Dont know of any jobs but ill give ya $10 to wax my car cool.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (Sir Fartalot @ Jun 27 2005, 02:46 PM)
Sorry to hear it. I've had the same job 17 years. I still have dreams of getting laid off and having to sell the house.

Wow. That sounds...... familiar...... somehow.

--DD
(Actually, it was 17 1/2 years for me. And I haven't sold the condo yet, but...)
Engman
Man I am so sorry to read this. I worked there some 10 years ago...... really one of the best places I have ever worked.

Now some 2+ years ago I got fired by *name withheld*. Turns out to be one of the better things to have happened to me - now this is looking back from 2 years later.

I hope things will work out as well for you.

Mark
ClayPerrine
I hope that you have the kind of luck I did. In Feb. I got laid off by the "Evil Empire".

After getting my borg implants removed assimilate.gif , I went out and got a better job for more money. smilie_pokal.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.