Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I was ready for tomorrow's Mosport fun run...but...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Fuch sad.gif
Started up the /6 after changing the cams, fired right up, the sound of beautiful music. Then I look under the car and oil is pissing out of the 1-3 cam/chain housing seal, I must of pinched the O-ring when I installed it. sad.gif

So...I'm up at 6am doing it in car, timing the cam will be fun. dry.gif

Took me 5 hours to do this job in a 911, hopefully I can get this done today. I have everything except the gasket, guess I'll have to make one.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 3 2019, 06:09 AM) *

Fuch sad.gif
Started up the /6 after changing the cams, fired right up, the sound of beautiful music. Then I look under the car and oil is pissing out of the 1-3 cam/chain housing seal, I must of pinched the O-ring when I installed it. sad.gif

So...I'm up at 6am doing it in car, timing the cam will be fun. dry.gif

Took me 5 hours to do this job in a 911, hopefully I can get this done today. I have everything except the gasket, guess I'll have to make one.

blink.gif that sucks!

If anyone can pull it off, it's you!

Good luck !
PatrickB
We're leaving home in an hour or so, any point stopping to help? Might have it done by the time we get there but if you could use an extra couple of pairs of hands...
Dion
Sorry Mark, you’ll get it done. Good karma wished your way.
Mark Henry
Chain cover is off so I have the repair beat.
Getting the /6 front tin off is a beotch in car, but with the big fuching access hatch I made and dropping the engine nose a couple inches I can sneak it out.
rudedude
cam timing in the car will be a joy, I had a similar leak years ago and never thought of attempting while motor was in the car
Mark Henry
QUOTE(rudedude @ Aug 3 2019, 10:23 AM) *

cam timing in the car will be a joy, I had a similar leak years ago and never thought of attempting while motor was in the car

I've got a camera on the dial indicator all set to go, I can watch it on the wife's tab. wink.gif

Issue was a fuched up gasket, I've got a new O-ring but no gasket, just finished making one. Ready to go back together and set the timing.

mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 3 2019, 09:50 AM) *

Chain cover is off so I have the repair beat.
Getting the /6 front tin off is a beotch in car, but with the big fuching access hatch I made and dropping the engine nose a couple inches I can sneak it out.

I had a brake fluid leak from the short hardline near the rear pressure regulator. I had to remove the engine tin at the firewall. What a pita. Then, once I decided to run Ben's HE's for heat, I had to remove the side tin to open them up for heat tubing.. Most of the hardware is easy but the bolts on top of the valve covers are the fun ones. It probably took 20-30 minutes each. Or maybe it was just the one that is hidden by the suspension console that took all the time. I don't want to remember. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.