Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel PSI on stock 1.7L Djet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tvdinnerbythepool
I'm opinion shopping here.
What are your guys thoughts on fuel PSI on a stock 1.7l 1970 Djet
Book states 28psi I believe but others set higher?
What are your thoughts on this?
-Rob
JeffBowlsby
Use the books spec. Why should it be any different?
Rand
Some bozos think, "hey let's boost the fuel pressure and get more power." It doesn't work that way. Just keep it within spec. Not over 30. Optimize what you have.
914Sixer
This caught my interest. The factory spec book says the fuel pump runs at 34 psi. Got out the FSM and it says the fuel pressure at the regulator should be 1.96-2.4 bar. That crosses over to 28.4 to 29.5 lbs. So 28 lbs is a good ball park.

With all that said, I remember some information that you could turn up the fuel pressure to 32 lbs to prevent vapor lock on early cars. Don't know or remember source of information. Thinking it had something to do with the 70-71 fuel pumps mounted on the lower firewall.
tvdinnerbythepool
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. It was just a curiosity after cruising the forums and seeing different #s
Rand
A few off won't kill anything, but things work best within the specs of the system. What numbers did you see? Anything different from the 30 range?
tvdinnerbythepool
Mine was at 32 and I backed it off to 30, haven't really noticed much of a difference
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.