Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trade my 912e for NICE 914 or 914-6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
BK911
Lost steam on this project:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...oject-sale.html

Will grade for NICE original 914, or a 6 conversion, with or without motor.
Plus or minus cash.
Tdskip
Kind of a steep ask on the 912e....
Mikey914
Actually the 912e is almost as rare as a 6. Only 2106 made. For those that don’t know the car they took the 911sc body and used up the rest of the 914 2.0 engines to make these. They went to L jet and made a one off trans to put it all together. Valsack (I may not have spelled correctly) Porsche in CA was the dealer that suggested this back in 75.

There were only 500 made with the factory electric sunroof.

I have a guards red one I picked up in near mint condition. I have turned down a 35k offer for it last year. I love driving this car, it just runs and gets great gas mileage. This is why many you will find have high mileage. Granted it is a project, but it has potential to be worth a few bucks.

Ultimately it’s worth what someone will pay or trade for, but it could be a diamond in the rough.

Just my .02 but I am biased as I have one.
nditiz1
911SC body? Narrow body - same as any mid-year.

The best thing you can do is drop a 6 in them happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif

As someone that drove a 77 one off 912E conversion and then put a 6 back into it, I can tell you nothing has been better feeling.

In decent condition these can fetch high 20's. Most in running condition fetch mid 20's.
With some moderate work on putting it back together this one could be pretty decent. I agree with tdskip, kind of steep. I talked with this guy when he first listed it. Seems solid.
Tdskip
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 12 2019, 10:25 AM) *

Actually the 912e is almost as rare as a 6. Only 2106 made. For those that don’t know the car they took the 911sc body and used up the rest of the 914 2.0 engines to make these. They went to L jet and made a one off trans to put it all together. Valsack (I may not have spelled correctly) Porsche in CA was the dealer that suggested this back in 75.

There were only 500 made with the factory electric sunroof.

I have a guards red one I picked up in near mint condition. I have turned down a 35k offer for it last year. I love driving this car, it just runs and gets great gas mileage. This is why many you will find have high mileage. Granted it is a project, but it has potential to be worth a few bucks.

Ultimately it’s worth what someone will pay or trade for, but it could be a diamond in the rough.

Just my .02 but I am biased as I have one.

True, but uncommon doesn't always equate to desirable. Now look, I have a 912 so I obviously dig them in any flavor but....
Mikey914
Mine has 104k on it, original interior and paint are 7-8. Still running fuel injection. Most if not all records I have in a book organized by date. I'd estimate in the upper 10% for condition. so that makes it 1 of 50. biggrin.gif

Either way, some day it will be collectable, I'm just not in it to flip it, it's the wife's car. driving.gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 12 2019, 01:49 PM) *

Mine has 104k on it, original interior and paint are 7-8. Still running fuel injection. Most if not all records I have in a book organized by date. I'd estimate in the upper 10% for condition. so that makes it 1 of 50. biggrin.gif

Either way, some day it will be collectable, I'm just not in it to flip it, it's the wife's car. driving.gif

I am with you-and I should’ve been more specific that while the market doesn’t view these as highly desirable yet it’s only because people haven’t figured out how satisfying they are to own. Early impact bumper cars are finally moving and they will pull this model up with them over time.

Keep it, drive it, put another hundred thousand miles on it while it appreciates. Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.
mb911
Yes they are a narrow body mid year chassis not an SC but either way a cool car..
BK911
Yup, this is a very cool car.
Beautiful color and in beautiful condition.
Previous owner had a glass out repaint in original bitter chocolate, refinished the seats, and refinished the fuchs.
I put in all new brakes, including a MC, rebuilt SC brakes, new rotors, pads and rubber lines.
Car needs frunk put back together, 2nd and 3rd gear synchros, interior reinstalled, and engine/tranny installed.
Besides the tranny rebuild, its all labor.
The only reason I am considering selling this car is because I have too many cars and decided to sell this and keep a bug.
When posted, this car was #5 on my todo list.
As of last night it is now #4.
By this weekend it should be #3.
2 other minor projects then she goes into the shop and I will put her back together.
Not sure why TDS-kip turned this into a market place discussion, but I guess any publicity is good publicity. Thanks for the bumps!

Click to view attachment
billh1963
I like the brown Porsche's. I have a chocolate '76 911S. Siblings, so to speak. drunk.gif

Maybe consider Bring a trailer?

Click to view attachment
BK911
Beautiful car Bill!!

Didnt consider BAT. Too final. Dont really want to sell the car but told the wifey I would try. Figured Id give the folks here a chance to get a handy man special using their car as a trade in. Im fine with keeping the car and getting to it over the winter. Maybe try to sell a little harder once she is back together.
DRPHIL914
I would consider a trade, but it would have to include about $14k cash put in on your end. I've turned down $40k for my car already - Bill and others can vouch for the amount of work completed on my car and its condition - rare color, just finished being re-painted last year, no hell hole rust, repair of the longs floors etc well documented by Tangerine Racing. Considering the amount of work including transmission I couldn't do it for less. - my trans was rebuilt by Dr. Evil couple years ago - PM If interested, there are several threads here that detail much of the work completed - Some will probably try and talk me down from this but lke I said, would consider it .

Phil
BK911
Thanks for the consideration doc, but I'm gonna have to pass. If I had $14k to spend I could buy a nice 914 and keep the 912! Maybe sell yours for $40k, buy mine for $20k, and have $20k left over?! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.