Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB Visor rebuild service Still $110 with your cores
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Sbradley@netins.net
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 6 2019, 04:36 PM) *

Looking at another run of visors to recover $110 a set in vinyl naked or with flap and pocket, but need 12 sets to do this. Many happy customers, and better than $300+ for a decent set of visors.

Who's interested?

You will need to send in a stripped core (we can strip for $25 more), and we will recover. Shipping is not included in the cost.

-Mark

im interested
Mikey914
QUOTE(jfort @ Aug 15 2019, 10:03 AM) *

I'd like to do this, too. Over the winter when the car is in storage? Mail in existing ones, which aren't too bad, and get back your new ones?

The core program will be the way to go. We will buy and sell good cores at $25. Just pay the core and you can do this at your leisure.
Mark
FlacaProductions
I like 'em a lot.

Click to view attachment
rasam
I'm in for one set.
FlacaProductions
Oh - I DID take a pic when I was stripping mine....not sure wha the wire was in there for - maybe just a little stiffness but it was like good ole multi-strand electrical wire. Strange...

Click to view attachment
Amphicar770
I'm in for a set. Thanks
Morrie
I am in for a set. I crawfished on the last GB unfortunately due to my car being in a wreck. I am back on the road now and am looking forward, so this is perfect timing. Happy to pay in advance to show my commitment this time. smile.gif
Gatornapper
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 7 2019, 09:12 AM) *

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Aug 6 2019, 07:40 PM) *

Hey Mark,
Do you use the same vinyl that is used on the rest of your black repro stuff? In other words, will it match my seats, my backpad, my console and my doorcards?

The grain is identical, but it is different. You can't tell even if you put next to another piece.

Mark

Mark -

Include me.....when do we need the cores in to you?

GN
914forme
Add me to the list, and I can send extras for your core program, might as well they have been sitting at Dad's place for the last 30 years.

I am in for 2 sets.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 15 2019, 02:10 PM) *

I'd like to do this, too. Over the winter when the car is in storage? Mail in existing ones, which aren't too bad, and get back your new ones?

The core program will be the way to go. We will buy and sell good cores at $25. Just pay the core and you can do this at your leisure.
Mark

So if I just add an extra $25 and send you the leather are we good to go?

I'd much rather do that than dig my old visors out of the storage unit - only God knows where they are right now.
IronHillRestorations
Wish I'd seen this before I trashed 3 sets
914forme
agree.gif I have trashed so many of these over the years. But Dad had a stash, and Mark can use the cores if good, so everyone wins.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 18 2019, 11:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 15 2019, 02:10 PM) *

Mark

So if I just add an extra $25 and send you the leather are we good to go?

I'd much rather do that than dig my old visors out of the storage unit - only God knows where they are right now.

Yep I'll PM everyone tonight
Grafiks
Put me down for a set
Thanks, Grafiks
Mikey914
Alright PMs sent to all so for with the instructions.
Mikey914
Got a customer that has 2 passenger side cores any one have a spare stand alone drivers side (or 2)? He's trying to get a core set and we only have matched sets.

Mikey914
Shout out to those with cores PM me will will need a few.
914_7T3
Had fun gutting these last night. One of them had disintegrated into magical Porsche dust!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Aug 22 2019, 03:54 PM) *

Had fun gutting these last night. One of them had disintegrated into magical Porsche dust!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanks for posting the above—have been wondering about having my visors rebuilt to half height. Would make the car feel more open with the roof off (love how airy the windshield feels without the visors in place, but that's a non-starter), and never need the full height of the visors. Don't need the pocket or the mirror, either… idea.gif
Morrie
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 20 2019, 09:27 AM) *

Got a customer that has 2 passenger side cores any one have a spare stand alone drivers side (or 2)? He's trying to get a core set and we only have matched sets.

I just scared up a lone drivers side Mark. I will strip and send with my cores for your customer.
Mikey914
As soon as I get his I’ll forward you both a credit for 2 core sets.
1 each
Thx
Morrie
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 22 2019, 11:10 PM) *

As soon as I get his I’ll forward you both a credit for 2 core sets.
1 each
Thx

The three cores went out Friday for Monday delivery. Invoice paid and looking forward to the new parts!
ajracer
Greetings Mark:

Sent a PM last Thursday as follows welcome your review and reply: Not sure if too late for the GB (sorry don't login often to 914 forum but definately need replacements for past five years), and if possible, would like two sets and can send the cores to you from Toronto. Really appreciate if you can accommodate me, welcome the instruction details as I understand they are available. Greatly appreciated,

Allan Mayhew

PS. I have purchased previously several products from you a year or so ago.

Mikey914
Yes, not a problem.

I forwarded invoices to all so far. This take about 3 weeks to complete and we can usually tag on some while we are in production easily. So anyone that is interested just sign up.

Thanks,
mark
william1764
Awesome - I'm definitely in for a set

yeahmag
Can I assume this is the same price?

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/v...for-porsche-914

If not, let me know how I can get in on the deal.
Gint
I found 7 visors. One pair is pretty much perfect. Too nice to part out. I'll send the other 5 Mark. I can't really tell until I strip them which side I have two of. One doesn't have a flap or a mirror. I still need to strip and ship.
mxkinn01
Mark,
I may get the award for the dumbest question on this GB visor rebuild. Do you want us to leave the screws in to hold the screw clips in place or take the screws out before we send to you?
Thanks Mike
Mikey914
No it is not the same price.
The GB deal is $110 for pocket and mirror, $100 naked. When you check out it adds the $25 core charge to the basket, unless you have sent them in.

That's one of the reasons that I'm doing this via paypal invoice. I can't disable it without creating a new listing and that messes with my accounting, so this is not on the site.

Thanks for checking,
Mark
Mikey914
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Aug 26 2019, 09:43 PM) *

Mark,
I may get the award for the dumbest question on this GB visor rebuild. Do you want us to leave the screws in to hold the screw clips in place or take the screws out before we send to you?
Thanks Mike

You can remove these as we replace.
Not a dumb question.
Gint
Surprised me how well 50 year old masking tape still sticks. Small portions of it anyway...

After the first one, the other 4 stripped pretty easily. Nice sharp blade in teh utility knife went through 'em like buttah.

How does one go about shipping 5 stripped cores? I don't think USPS has a flat rate box big enough for these. Do they?
mepstein
QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 28 2019, 09:52 PM) *

Surprised me how well 50 year old masking tape still sticks. Small portions of it anyway...

After the first one, the other 4 stripped pretty easily. Nice sharp blade in teh utility knife went through 'em like buttah.

How does one go about shipping 5 stripped cores? I don't think USPS has a flat rate box big enough for these. Do they?

USPS has a one rate priority long flat rectangular box that ships for $20. Size large
Gint
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 28 2019, 07:20 PM) *
USPS has a one rate priority long flat rectangular box that ships for $20. Size large

thanks! beer.gif
jwinner
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 6 2019, 05:36 PM) *

Looking at another run of visors to recover $110 a set in vinyl naked or with flap and pocket, but need 12 sets to do this. Many happy customers, and better than $300+ for a decent set of visors.

Who's interested?

You will need to send in a stripped core (we can strip for $25 more), and we will recover. Shipping is not included in the cost.

-Mark

Hi Mark,

I am definitely in for this deal. How does it work? I send you my cores and you send me back a recovered set of visors?

Please let me know, thank you,

James Winner
burningman
Hey Mark,

I’m in if your still accepting those for the GB.
Mikey914
You got it,
Just bump the thread I'll send you the specifics. Just sent both of you the info.

If you have cores you can strip them and send in, or I can currently sell you cores at $25. Just let me know via PM what you want.

Thanks for checking
Mark
914_7T3
@mikey914

How about some teaser pics of my visors currently in production?

smile.gif
Superhawk996
Hoping I'm not a dope that screwed up address. For some reason, it seems USPS decided to put stickers over the City, State, and Zip Code.

PM sent to verify that I can properly read and follow shipping instructions.

We'll get this package of the finest Corinthian Leather turned around ASAP.

Amazing the damage USPS managed to do to the box in only a couple of days!

Click to view attachment

Gint
QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 29 2019, 04:19 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 28 2019, 07:20 PM) *

thanks! beer.gif

In USPS vernacular, that's a "game box".

Shipping out 5 cores this morning Mark.
Mikey914
Looks like I need to have a conversation with the local postmaster.
I can forward an alternate
Mark
Superhawk996
Will resend next week after the holiday weekend ! biggrin.gif
jmitro
I'm in for a set. Will send my cores this week
Dion
So finally found my visors and the time to open them up.
Was wondering if these were redone already cause of the peculiar way
the mirror is secured in there or Hans really wasn’t concerned about the tape
being flattened out. Oh well just thought I’d share a pic of the guts of the visor.
Dion
Skeleton
jsaum
Ok I’ll be the annoying kid in the back seat and ask the question, are they done yet? Any idea on when the first ones will ship out?

Thanks,
Jsaum
Mikey914
We will be starting to do these later this week. Should start shipping end of next week. We have had some postal issues that were holding up a few.
Never a problem checking
Mikey914
QUOTE(Dion @ Sep 6 2019, 07:44 PM) *

So finally found my visors and the time to open them up.
Was wondering if these were redone already cause of the peculiar way
the mirror is secured in there or Hans really wasn’t concerned about the tape
being flattened out. Oh well just thought I’d share a pic of the guts of the visor.

Nope these could be factory as I have seen the tape before.
Steve
Curious.. no hurry.. but are these already shipping based on Payment and cores?
simonjb
I am in for a set please. Plus new hardware

Thanks
Simon
AmjadY
I am in for a set too please!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.