Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picked up the interrior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmichalik
Just picked up the re-uhlpoltered interior pieces from Autos International in Escondido today.

Did a GREAT job and it's going to look SO GOOD in the car.

Now we just need to find the right paint shop to spray the body and we can start putting it back together.

smile.gif
wes
Looks beautiful!
Dr Evil
Wow, man. I miss having multiple places around when I lived in SD. I need stuff done for another project and there is like one shop within hours of here.
Literati914
Nice! Is it vinyl or leather? What color will your car be?
douglastic
drooley.gif
mmichalik
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Aug 7 2019, 10:38 AM) *

Nice! Is it vinyl or leather? What color will your car be?

It is vinyl, as original material as possible. Autos International used their sources to get the material, make sure it was for the right year right color, etc. so, I let them be the experts on that.

The body color is going to be L97B Ancona Blue.

Both colors are original to the car.

I would like to thank Mark, Mike and Scott at 914 Rubber for the back pad panels. The guys at the shop liked working with them and they look great.
ValcoOscar
Excellent Mike...first rate quality. first.gif

Oscar
burton73
Looks super. It will be so nice when this goes in.

Bob B
914_7T3
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Aug 7 2019, 10:29 AM) *

Just picked up the re-uhlpoltered interior pieces from Autos International in Escondido today.

Did a GREAT job and it's going to look SO GOOD in the car.

Now we just need to find the right paint shop to spray the body and we can start putting it back together.

smile.gif

Looks great! Finding the "right paint shop" can be challenging depending on the quality of work you are looking for. I used a shop in Riverside to go down to the metal with excellent results. They're actually known for BMW 2002s and I see you've got one of those too. Feel free to reach out if you are looking for referrals.

beerchug.gif
DickSteinkamp
Here's one in LB7B Ancona Blue...

IPB Image

That will be an absolutely stunning combo! first.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
autos international truly does great work
mmichalik
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Aug 7 2019, 11:25 AM) *

Looks great! Finding the "right paint shop" can be challenging depending on the quality of work you are looking for. I used a shop in Riverside to go down to the metal with excellent results. They're actually known for BMW 2002s and I see you've got one of those too. Feel free to reach out if you are looking for referrals.

beerchug.gif

Thanks! I have a couple in mind down here already. The body is ready, it's just paint at this point. But, if they don't pan out, I'll definitely reach out.
2mAn
Mind if I ask how much? Certainly looks top notch so I expect it wasnt cheap
mmichalik
QUOTE(2mAn @ Aug 7 2019, 01:26 PM) *

Mind if I ask how much? Certainly looks top notch so I expect it wasnt cheap

As long as no one on the thread tells my wife the actual number, sure. With out the carpet kit, which I have not purchased yet from AA, it was $3411.00. I will add that they did have to recreate the door cards completely, which up'ed the price a little bit.
They do amazing work though
mepstein
Looks fantastic. I saw a blue 914 with a white interior a couple years ago and it was stunning.
flyer86d
They are the best!

Charlie
mmichalik
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 7 2019, 01:43 PM) *

Looks fantastic. I saw a blue 914 with a white interior a couple years ago and it was stunning.

I'm hoping this will be the same. There's a lot of TLC going into this rebuild.
Big Len
Holy moly, wow.
drem914
Here is my Ancona Blue '75 just recently resprayed,

Click to view attachment

Autobahn Interiors, just down the road in San Diego, did my seats.

Click to view attachment

You're going to love dropping in that new, clean interior back in the car. It will really pop.
76-914
Well, I have to say you certainly got your money's worth. Glad to hear they like Mark's panels. I've been thing of having them do my backpad. beerchug.gif
Tdskip
That looks great, they are well regarded in the 911/912 community as well.

Thanks for the update.
VoPo914
That is a great interior! A blue car with a white interior, it's Saturday Night Fever!
whitetwinturbo
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
burton73
QUOTE(VoPo914 @ Aug 8 2019, 06:30 AM) *

That is a great interior! A blue car with a white interior, it's Saturday Night Fever!

I think that is light gray. It really look super to my eyes. Love the fresh cars. Disco 1977

The year Elvis died.

Bob B
ConeDodger
QUOTE(burton73 @ Aug 9 2019, 03:53 PM) *

QUOTE(VoPo914 @ Aug 8 2019, 06:30 AM) *

I think that is light gray. It really look super to my eyes. Love the fresh cars. Disco 1977

The year Elvis died.

Bob B

Aledgedly Bob... he’s been sighted. blink.gif
amfab
While not cheap (for vinyl) its definitely reasonable for that level quality and amount of work. It will look awesome installed.
Im glad to hear they are reasonable.

I have seen examples of their work before and it looked very good. I had another company in the valley do my 993 seats and steering wheel, and they were very good too. I ended up with a great result but it took going back a couple of times to get it to be 100%.

I think I will try autobahn for the 914—if I ever get to the interior.

-Andrew
Rob-O
I used Autobahn for my seats (black German vinyl with Pepita inserts). Really nice work. Only gripe I had was that I spent a decent amount of time putting together information about the headrests and them being directional (left and right sides). They didn’t get that part correct. Both loo like passenger sides...even though I gave them a left and right side headrest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.