Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing clock from centre console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
63acornwall
The clock does not work in my car , it is located under the main dash in a centre console together with voltmeter and some other gauge .

How do I remove the clock or get at the connections , no apparent fuse ?
914_7T3
The clock can be pushed through the face panel from the inside out. Unhook the connections at the rear and you're good. There are several threads on how to do the repair, but I believe that it is not realted to any fuses.

mmichalik
I'll be happy to take it off your hands if you don't want it any longer.
Does it look good?
orthobiz
There are two spring clips at the top of the black board that contains the three gauges. Reach over the top and push the board forward and the clips will yield. I'd say push slowly but wonder if pushing fast wouldn't be better, like pulling a table cloth out from under a fully set table. I have had it go well and I've left the spring clips in the crossmember in the center console as well. Disconnect the wires and push the clock out.

Paul
63acornwall
Thanks guys , will look closer !
Superhawk996
QUOTE(63acornwall @ Aug 7 2019, 06:16 PM) *

The clock does not work in my car , it is located under the main dash in a centre console together with voltmeter and some other gauge .

How do I remove the clock or get at the connections , no apparent fuse ?

The “fuse” is actually a low melt point solder connection inside the clock”. If this is a mechanical clock from an early car, the mechanism likely needs to be cleaned as things gum up over time and eventually blow the internal "fuse". Later models were a quartz drive but still have mechanical parts that can gum up.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...35209&st=20

See toward bottom of my thread, page 2 for details of how I got mine working.

There is also a very good post over on Pelican if I recall which is where I got basic information when I started messing with mine. Complete restoration by a gauge shop are pricey.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.