Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
Is it possible this distributor is suppose to only have 1 spring. I just noticed it when I was taking off the plate to house clean. It came with the car and did run pretty good before. Thanks in advance
shane
QUOTE(shane @ Aug 7 2019, 05:38 PM) *

Is it possible this distributor is suppose to only have 1 spring. I just noticed it when I was taking off the plate to house clean. It came with the car and did run pretty good before. Thanks in advance

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Nope, dual springs
shane
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 7 2019, 06:34 PM) *

Nope, dual springs

Kinda figured, was going to be just about the only thing I didn’t have to replace. But I’ll move it over to the replace category now headbang.gif unless someone has a not to $expensive$ little spring?
914Sixer
Another option would be a junk distributor over on theSamba.com. Probably Type 3 since they used the same points internals as the 914.
porschetub
They don't normally just full off unless someone has stretched the spring or decided that things would work better with only one headbang.gif .
Advance in this situation would be coming in too soon not really what you want.
shane
QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 8 2019, 12:53 PM) *

They don't normally just full off unless someone has stretched the spring or decided that things would work better with only one headbang.gif .
Advance in this situation would be coming in too soon not really what you want.

Sure thanks, just bought a new one this morning with all the nickels and dimes I have in this project it’s pretty much a drop in the bucket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.