Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intermittent right turn signal not working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gfrewin
So driving my 72 today I noticed that the right turn signal is not working consistently. The left is functioning fine but when using the right I can hear the relay going but the interior indicators and exterior flashers aren't working.
Some time they kick in after a few... sometimes they don't. If I shut them off and back on it seems to work most of the time.
I assume this could be relay forward but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this and what the fix was for them.
Thanks,
G.
porschetub
Remove the switch assembly and clean the contacts,mine were all gummed and did the same thing but on both directions ,do your wiper switch @ the same time,good luck.
Spoke
QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 9 2019, 04:21 PM) *

Remove the switch assembly and clean the contacts,mine were all gummed and did the same thing but on both directions ,do your wiper switch @ the same time,good luck.

agree.gif

The left and right turnsignals use the relay the same way. The only difference is the turnsignal switch and external bulbs. Try the 4-ways. If the right side blinks ok then it's your switch or the wiring to/from the switch.
gfrewin
Thanks very much. Yeah I've determined it's definitely the switch.
Any recommendation on a good electronic grease to use?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.