Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Tach Turn Signal Bulb Holder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
My (single) turn signal indicator in the tach takes a BA7 LED and looks great.

I thought that the high beam indicator socket was the same type but has proved otherwise. It's for a wedge base lamp and just does NOT throw any light.

I'd like to just swap in a BA7 socket and associated LED - does anyone have a source or an extra turn signal socket for a BA7 lamp?

Is my high beam indicator socket incorrect as a wedge socket?
914Sixer
Picture of old socket would help
FlacaProductions
You're right - I thought about that after I posted. Of course I buttoned it all up yesterday but I'll get back in it today and snap a pic. Stupid of me...
76-914
I probably have one. Post a pic. I'm in Temecula but could mail it to you or take it Ron's remembrance party this evening and maybe one of the LA guys attending could shuttle it to you. beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
those are commonly available, plenty in stock, it is the instrument light socket thatis the hard one to find, in the porsche parts manual it is only sold as a loom

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Aug 9 2019, 08:31 PM) *

I thought that the high beam indicator socket was the same type but has proved otherwise. It's for a wedge base lamp and just does NOT throw any light.

I'd like to just swap in a BA7 socket and associated LED - does anyone have a source or an extra turn signal socket for a BA7 lamp?

Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Aug 9 2019, 08:31 PM) *

The high beam light has a blue tinted lens on the instrument face, in my experience these get darker and darker until they basically don't pass any light through at all. You can achieve a faint glow with an LED bulb, but that's about it unless you have the gauge refurbished and that lens replaced.
FlacaProductions
@Jonathan Livesay - You're right but I think the LED will overcome the dimming of the blue lens and is a lot easier than opening the body of the tach.

@dr914 @autoatlanta.com - I've searched your site and I can't see which is which.

@76-914 & @914Sixer - I'll try to get a pic asap. I have today and tomorrow with the car so I'll see if I can get to it - thank you!
injunmort
try https://www.vdo-gauges.com/
914Sixer
Here you go 74-76 single bulb holder. Is this the one you need? If so send me your shipping information.
FlacaProductions
@914Sixer - if you look on the other side, does it have a small tab that would ground against the inside of the tach? If so....yes!
914Sixer
Yep, ground tab on the other side.
FlacaProductions
This place rocks. sending you a PM @914Sixer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.