Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Late Early
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Costa05
Is it possible to have early doors, late window lifts (scissor style), and an early targa top? Based on all the hours searching that appears to be what I have (in my garage). If not my cheap project 914 has been "detailed" by PO or two. All window rubber, trim, and seals have been pulverized by the Arizona sun and want the correct replacements.
gms
QUOTE(Costa05 @ Aug 10 2019, 08:46 PM) *

Is it possible to have early doors, late window lifts (scissor style), and an early targa top? Based on all the hours searching that appears to be what I have (in my garage). If not my cheap project 914 has been "detailed" by PO or two. All window rubber, trim, and seals have been pulverized by the Arizona sun and want the correct replacements.

Yes there are many 1973 cars with early door and late window lift
sixnotfour
I have 2 nos... piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Steve
My 75 had big holes in the doors for flag mirrors, so I went on the hunt for doors. My 75 now has doors with the guards in them, late winders, late windows, but no flange for the wind wing bolt. I also have a late drivers door with early windows.. Ahwell car is painted now, so I am stuck with what I have.
Rand
Just match if you care that the seals meet the window tops. They are different between years.
davep
The early doors (70-72) had the cable lift.
Scissor lift was introduced for 1973 model year.
Reinforced door was introduced for 1973 calendar year.
So there was over 4 months of scissor lift doors without the beam.
Costa05
Thanks guys. Is quite possible an original parts car then. Well at least until I got a hold of it anyways.
Steve
Curious when did they add the wind wing flange for this brace?
This door has late everything but the wind-wing flange.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.