Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 Porsche 911 2.2L Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
billh1963
Bought this from another forum member last year for a project that never materialized. The engine has sat wrapped on the pallet since it's arrival. I don't need it so here's your chance to build an engine the way you want! $7,000 obo

The PO ad is below:
Engine number 6114897

This engine should be considered a core, as it has been sitting on a stand for several years. Inside a garage in a dry desert, but still. The previous owner claimed that it was rebuilt and 'upgraded' but no details, and no paperwork to support. Might have more compression and cams, etc. but also might not. It does have later upgraded 930 chain tensioners, so that lends at least a bit to his story.

Includes everything shown - Zenith 40 TIN carburetors, fairly clean and free. Linkage for them, fan, housing, alternator & harness, engine cover, Magnetti Marelli distributor, etc. Since it sat with the plugs out and some of the oil fittings uncovered, it would have to be disassembled, of course. I assume most people know this, but I always have someone ask if they could install it and go.
mb911
Please note those are carrera tensioners not 930 tensioners.. That's a good thing.glws
billh1963
QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 11 2019, 11:05 AM) *

Please note those are carrera tensioners not 930 tensioners.. That's a good thing.glws

Thank you. That 930 part number got me confused... smile.gif
Superhawk996
drooley.gif

That looks so nice! Love the red shrouding, cam covers, etc. And, a garage with actual working space . . . to die for.
Tdskip
Bump for a good ad and a seller who is clearly trying to do right by the community.
Optimusglen
Just to make sure, it's from a 911L? or did you mean it as 2.2 litre?
davep
It is a 1971 911T engine, type 911/07 2.2 liter 125 HP for North America
Are the engine cases 3R/2R or 3R/3R?
Click to view attachment
billh1963
crappy picture shows case is a 102.3R

Click to view attachment
billh1963
bump
billh1963
Bump!
Tdskip
Darn it Bill - stop dangling this in front of me. Cripes man!

(kidding aside @billh1963 is a good guy who is making an effort to accurately describe the engine to make sure any buyer is happy)
billh1963
I waffle back and forth on selling this.

Part of me wants to keep since I know this is a great engine for a 914...carbs for that cool "induction" sound, no computer or FI to maintain, and more power (but not crazy power) for a well balanced car.

But, I have so many projects I hate to see the engine languishing on a pallet in the warehouse in the hopes I'll "get to it" one day
gereed75
Could be a great deal for someone. You can’t assemble this complete set of parts these days for this money and maybe you get a good engine in the process.
Tdskip
For a skilled/confidence DIY person this is a home run, it’s when you get a shop involved it goes pear shaped.
fduval
Maybe put the carb on the right way would be a good thing.. just saying !
mlindner
Nice catch fduval, looks like a bunch of parts stuck on. Does it look like a four cylinder distributor or is it just me. Mark
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jun 19 2020, 01:59 PM) *

Nice catch fduval, looks like a bunch of parts stuck on. Does it look like a four cylinder distributor or is it just me. Mark

lol-2.gif That's what it looks like.
porschetub
No ,totally wrong ,listing states Marelli distributor and that is period correct for a 71 2.2 T...look closer,cheers.
billh1963
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 19 2020, 08:46 PM) *

No ,totally wrong ,listing states Marelli distributor and that is period correct for a 71 2.2 T...look closer,cheers.

Good observation. biggrin.gif

I started to post a picture that I took tonight just to show the distributor is correct.

But, then I decided the heck with it. Let the armchair expert BDMF'es have their fun for a while. beer.gif
mlindner
Bill, sorry we picked on your pictures....This is still a very good looking motor for the money. Best, Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.