Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rare Shades/ 914 gathering 9/14 in LA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SKL1
Rare Shades 4 is doing a show in downtown LA on Saturday 9/14 at A+D Art Museum. 000 and Pete Stout is organizing and we all know he is a big 914 fan...

Taking my mexico blue 981 spyder as my 914's aren't really "rare" colours!! And no way I'm driving across the desert from PHX to LA without AC- I ain't a kid anymore.

He says there will be a nice selection of 914's as well

NOT looking forward to driving in LA but at least it will be Saturday...

Any other World members thinking of going??
Larmo63
Nothing scheduled there on the 14th........?

https://aplusd.org
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 11 2019, 03:18 PM) *

ssssssh. wink.gif
drem914
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 11 2019, 08:30 PM) *

ssssssh. wink.gif

But there is something going on 9/14 at PECLA, just not sure what it is yet.
914SIXXation
We are definitely planning on attending Rare Shades which we are sure will be fantastic.

Counting down the days now. This event along with some of the other special events will be a lot of fun......

Hope to see lots of our new 914eener friends and meet even more....

We are SO GLAD that we have gotten active in 914World this year!

See you soon!

Margie & Paul
driving-girl.gif piratenanner.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Aug 29 2019, 08:01 AM) *

We are definitely planning on attending Rare Shades which we are sure will be fantastic.

Counting down the days now. This event along with some of the other special events will be a lot of fun......

Hope to see lots of our new 914eener friends and meet even more....

We are SO GLAD that we have gotten active in 914World this year!

See you soon!

Margie & Paul
driving-girl.gif piratenanner.gif

@914SIXXation

Now, I'm going to be there for sure. It was great seeing both you and Paul at Werks Reunion two weeks ago. What a great day! I will also be volunteering on the 15th at the PCA Los Angeles Concours at the Museum of Flying in Santa Monica. That is always a great event!

Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Aug 29 2019, 04:37 PM) *

QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Aug 29 2019, 08:01 AM) *

We are definitely planning on attending Rare Shades which we are sure will be fantastic. Counting down the days now. This event along with some of the other special events will be a lot of fun......Hope to see lots of our new 914eener friends and meet even more....

@914SIXXation

Now, I'm going to be there for sure.

^ So glad you are both coming, and we just had a Lilac 914-6 GT sign up for Rare Shades 4. I know this car, and it's super cool.

Also encourage folks to check out the 914 gathering in El Segundo and/or the PCA concours the next day!

We've also updated the information page re: Saturday's 914 50th display as well as the panelists—to include Alan Johnson, our own Glenn Stazak, and designer Hans Lapine (yes, the son of...). There will be a few more interesting 914 folks in the front row with a mic, and I am hoping there will be time for Q&As.

https://www.000magazine.com/4x4xs

Rare Shades 4 and the 914 display will be open to the public and free of charge, while the panel discussion will be open to 000 subscribers—and even then I am a bit worried about space.

Hope to see many of you there, and there is still time to register your 914 in an original, period-cool color if you haven't already!
horizontally-opposed
I don't know if it's possible to ask SirAndy or someone else (?) to highlight this thread, but there are a couple and it might be good to centralize the info here.
oldschool
piratenanner.gif It all sounds like fun!
drem914
QUOTE(drem914 @ Aug 12 2019, 12:17 PM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 11 2019, 08:30 PM) *

ssssssh. wink.gif

But there is something going on 9/14 at PECLA, just not sure what it is yet.

I followed up with PECLA for 9/14 and there are no gatherings planned for that date, please see below.

Hello Franz,

Thank you for contacting the Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles (PECLA). Our Morning Shift (Cars and Coffee) will be held on Saturday 9/7 and the theme is “old”. More specifically the older the model the better, with 356’s being featured. Please feel free to come on out on the 7th and enjoy all the festivities.

Also, for up to date info on our event, you can check us out on or Facebook and Instagram pages. Hope to see you on the 7th.

Kind regards,

David Blu
Customer Experience Coordinator
Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles
19800 South Main Street
Carson, CA 90745
Main: 888.204.7474
Direct: 770.290.7271
Email: external.david.blu@porsche.us

See you at The Driving Museum on the 15th. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.