Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump Ground at Washer Tank?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Still just slowly working through the new-to-me 914 and I'm finding just a few little niggles that provide me an opportunity to "fix" things but this is a head-scratcher.

There is a wire obviously run by a PO that starts down behind the center console, runs to the drivers side and out to the frunk - back across under the fresh air blower and terminates as a connection to the mounting bolt for the washer bottle.

Short story - it grounds the fuel pump.

Could it have something to do with a fuel pump relocation to the front and can anyone tell me why I shouldn't shorten it up and at least connect it to a good solid ground under the dash?
porschetub
Can be grounded to any good near by body ground as long as its clean and paint free under the connection.
Someone in the past just made it harder that it needs to be,cheers.
barefoot
There is a ground tab down under the brake fluid tank for this purpose (at least on a 76)
Gatornapper
QUOTE(barefoot @ Aug 12 2019, 05:07 AM) *

There is a ground tab down under the brake fluid tank for this purpose (at least on a 76)

Yup. That's where mine gets its ground.

GN
FlacaProductions
Thanks folks. I’ll get that moved ASAP. Back in the garage until I can get back to it in a few weeks.
Maltese Falcon
On my '74 biturbo with 2 fuel pumps (front & rear), I made a simple (new ) ground connection to the front trunk floor area...works perfect.
Brown is Ground/ the World around (Porsches anyway !)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.