Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to block PM's?? fellow 914er tempting me.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
talk about being mean to me....does he not know my weakness for such things....

how can I go out into my garage and look at my little 4 banger engine with 90hp* knowing that a 400 horsepower leave-em-all-in-the-dust aluminum headed Chevy V8 mated to a flipped LSD equipped 930 gearbox is just a reply box away...oh the pain......

*of course my soon to be built (it's in boxes) 2.3 Raby inspired 78m stroke-94mm Nickies with ceramic lifter motor should come close to doubling that figure wacko.gif
Andyrew
I'll take the 930 gearbox.

I've got a little cash...

Pm me if your not interested about the details...

I'd say go for it.... but I wouldnt mind if you didnt wink.gif

nother v8'er would be nice..
scotty914
of coarse you could buy it and use the tranny in your car and hold on to the v8 for your next project

or i could sell you a kit to put in a suby at cost to use you for a demo/review product.... lets see suby 2.5 lighter than stock with 175 hp or so and only have to change the oil every 3 to 5 k miles
Andyrew
Well.. All greed aside...

What would you do with a 400hp 914 with a strong trani? You could have fun doing a turbo.. some cool injection... like I was planning... heck even nos on top of that just for the bling...

400hp alumi sbc... 2300lbs, needs big meats and stiff stuff. plus long reinforcement.

150hp raby inspired 914. sub 2000lbs. /w c/f junk. needs... I dont know.. never did like the 4 cylanders..

You want to autox? PCA?

What do you want to do with that green car?

Andyrew
btw.. scott... you dont have to do anything to the v8 cars either.. wink.gif

Maybe oil... every 3-5k miles... if you want...

jonwatts
It's no temptation because it isn't you. Ok the gearbox would be nice, but the V8 is very not-mueller, it's too easy. Where's the challenge? They're fun cars but they're not you.

So there, done, forget about it unless it's such a good deal that you want to buy the package and flip it. Stay the course, use the force, eat lots of borscht.

Jon
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jun 27 2005, 11:08 PM)
of coarse you could buy it and use the tranny in your car and hold on to the v8 for your next project

or i could sell you a kit to put in a suby at cost to use you for a demo/review product.... lets see suby 2.5 lighter than stock with 175 hp or so and only have to change the oil every 3 to 5 k miles

Nah Scott the oil drips out WAY before that long. Yea I'm talking about the Suby lol2.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jun 28 2005, 07:52 AM)
Nah Scott the oil drips out WAY before that long. Yea I'm talking about the Suby lol2.gif

Ok... let's face facts. If it's a 914 its GONNA leak oil. My 914/6 is sitting on the lift with no rear suspension and it leaks oil.....

Maybe that was the Porsche/VW cure for the car rusting. If it's coated in leaking motor oil, it can't rust... lol2.gif
scotty914
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jun 28 2005, 05:52 AM)

okay joe, yes mine leaks a little oil and i made it do it on purpose... it is a 914 after all

honestly it was a poor design step on my behave, the extentions i put on the oil pan dont allow me to put on all the oil pan bolts. but i will be fixing that
jonwatts
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jun 28 2005, 07:11 AM)
honestly it was a poor design step on my behave

Oh behave

user posted image
914_1.8t
Go for it Mike burnout.gif

You can always pick up another 914 to put it in...
ClayPerrine
Yes.. why resist temptation. You may never get the opportnity again.....

Give in.. stop fighting.... you will only hurt yourself by fighting it....

chairfall.gif lol2.gif

nebreitling
dude, start a mantra: i will finish the 4 cyl. i will finish the 4 cyl. i will finish the 4 cyl. i will finish the 4 cyl. i will finish the 4 cyl. i will finish the 4 cyl. i will finish the 4 cyl. ........
MikeP
how much, how much, me want, chair.gif me wanmt!!!!!!
Andyrew
Mike... I have first dibs biggrin.gif wink.gif

Edit.. YOU do. Passed the dibs on the trani away. cool.gif
MikeP
How do you have dibs on this one and on my 915? If you wish to remove your dibs from my 915 I will honor your dibs for this. Oh forget it, I'm probably just going to run my setup upside down anyway and my motor is 450+ already. Anyone got a non-flipped 930 LSD they want to sell?
Andyrew
Grrr...

well..

hmm. good question!

Sorry bout that... my right foot got ahead of my wallet.

Shoot... you can have my dibs. It would take me to much money to get the 930 box to work anyways.

Now the engine on the other hand.... Mated to that 915.. 400hp would be perfect... hmm

"Hey look, mikey, I think he likes it!"
Life cereal
MikeP
we could split it smilie_pokal.gif
Andyrew
Mike (M), You dont want the v8..

You dont..

Think... What would your wife say? biggrin.gif

lol

sorry...
MikeP
mike you don't even have your brake conversion done yet, what on earth would you do with a v8.....this is not the v8 you're looking for.
smrz914
Man I hate having to pay for school, while my 914 sits witout getting new toys... I mean parts.
bondo
Oooh, 930 trans.. drooool. Trade ya for a 901 with H gear! smile.gif Heck, I'll even throw in a beat up haynes manual! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.