Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Enclosed Shipping Recommendation?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
I need to ship a car from Ocala Fl to basically Boulder, CO. Car is fully driveable. Needs to go enclosed due to old weather seals and cannot risk damaging the interior if there should be rain/wet

Trying to keep budget in check as much as possible as well.

Any recommendations?

Thanks a million -
Scott S
Superhawk996
Reliable and Pilot are mainstays of the auto industry for prototypes, test vehicles, and high dollar show cars. They know what they are doing and charge accordingly.

Check with them first.

Budget route though brokers can be dicey. There are good ones, and there are bad. I'm not educated enough on how to tell the difference.
Specracer
I have used Reliable, Swift, Pilot, Intercity, Passport, and others. I have been the happiest with Reliable. The quality has been the most consistent, and the loads are on their trucks. I would avoid brokers (Montway is one that comes to mind), as you may have surprises. I sold a car this spring, buyer booked, enclosed, an open trailer arrived.

Only downside for Reliable, might be cost.

Lastly, the next few weeks could also be rough as every truck in the country (not literally, but...) will be in California for Monterrey car week.
SKL1
Have used Reliable and Passport many times. Lately I've used Passport as they've been a little less $$ than Reliable. Usually go with the one who can pick up the quickest...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
reliable
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.