Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mongrel-gs
My cvs are coming to the end of their days so I decided to try out some of the half axles the local flaps had listed for the 914, $130 core included. CCL #7519... no good. Who knows what they are for, but a 914 aint it. Call the distributor, they say it's a typo in the listing and they don't make a shaft and cvs for the 914. Not sure about the Cardone that is listed for the 914, a buddy in the parts business says he can't get em for me, so I'm doubtful.

On to the next experiment. Picked up a set of the cvs listed in a thread earlier this month that need 2 of the holes reamed out to work. VW cv topic
A few questions 'fore I hand em over to the machinist...
What is the diameter of the rollpins?
Are the rollpin holes on center with the bolt holes?

Sure will be nice if this works...

Evan
scotty914
evan, you are in baltimore.... where.... when ....how.... can i see your car.... want to have a beer.gif

i am in canton.. baltimore city

as for the specs i can loan you a cv to get the specs from
Dr Evil
Evan, do you own the bike in your avatar? Thats a beauty. Is it a /2?
scotty914
yes i mike i am sure he does own itn he was just here in his 914 and he works on bmw bikes as a side job. i told him about you, you 2 will get along.

BTW i think evan (mongrel) is hooked on a suby conversion ... i gave him a ride around the block.

to end the high jack i also gave him a cv to measure for the bolt and pin specs
Dr Evil
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jun 28 2005, 01:15 PM)
yes i mike i am sure he does own itn he was just here in his 914 and he works on bmw bikes as a side job. i told him about you, you 2 will get along.

BTW i think evan (mongrel) is hooked on a suby conversion ... i gave him a ride around the block.

to end the high jack i also gave him a cv to measure for the bolt and pin specs

Damn suby people with your awsome, reliable, fast cars happy11.gif
mongrel-gs
Sweet jesus... i was thinking about a suby before, no choice in the matter now... i felt like i was driving a 1500 home. As soon as I make a call to sell the 2056 I'll start the turn to the dark side of, dare I say it... water cooled engines. Thanks for the part Scott, hopefully I can get the mods to work. As for the ride, damn.

Doc, the one in the pic isn't mine, its one of the old rennsport racers... if anyone has a spare, I'll be happy to take it off their hands. My /2 aint so racy, but it makes up for it in class biggrin.gif When you get over to this coast you'll have to come by the shop and we can make a ride down down to Bobs BMW and check out all the old ones... they just got a vintage sidecar that is sweet
scotty914
well right now he has a raby 2056, according to Evan jake said it should do 140 hp. evan said the seat of the paints dyno is maybe 120, which sounds about right for a 2056. but he has some rust issues that need to be taken care off. it is also his only car

so i ran him around the block and took it up to 80 mph to show his what 175 hp is like. and he likes, also his car is a long distance DD so any added reliablity and gas milage would be good for him.

lets hope we can keep him posting
Dr Evil
Evan, Bob's is the best BMW place that I have ever had to deal with. My local shops in the SF bay area when I lived there sucked. I did a google and came up with Bob's. They sold me everything I needed for cheap and didn't charge me shipping. If it wasn't for them I would not have been able to put the K1100RS fairing kit on my K75 (which I am working on at this moment). East coast looks like it is gonna be a great time biggrin.gif
mongrel-gs
I'm sure if I had built it up just right and gone with a less restrictive exhaust I'd get a few more hp out of it. I was much happier with the original squareport heads he spec'd for me, but had a new set of roundports built up for the 914 heat exchangers. I was also much happier with the temps when it had the dtm and was in the ghia.

The thought of 175 hp and no valve adjustments is hard to beat.

Bobs has its +s and -s... they almost always have what you need in stock, and between Bucky at Bobs and Andre at Touring Sport BMW in SC, you can get any part you need. If you make it to this coast in time, there's the annual bmw tech day here at the shop on August 13th... all bmw and porsche riders are welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.