Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuse Box Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grosbard
Wanted to get some experts to weigh in here. I ordered this part from Auto Atlanta:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-914-Fus...1461231610.html

and based on my user manual, I think the location of all the icons is backwards. i.e. The leftmost icon should actually be the rightmost icon, the second leftmost should be the second rightmost, and so on. If that is accurate, I guess I could just install the cover upside down, but to start I just wanted to make sure that I had my facts correct. By the way, the photo on the website is not just upside down because there are numbers on the cover that are only right side up in the orientation as shown.

Second question - should this cover snap into place? Regardless of orientation, I can't seem to get it to snap in anywhere.

Thanks in advance!
orthobiz
I took mine off recently and it goes in upside down. Keep wiggling and it should snap in place

Paul
ejm
The cover is shown reversed. The light icons will be on the left when installed and the numbers will be upside down. Engage the edge closer to you then rotate the forward edge into place.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(ejm @ Aug 15 2019, 06:43 AM) *

The cover is shown reversed. The light icons will be on the left when installed and the numbers will be upside down. Engage the edge closer to you then rotate the forward edge into place.

Maybe it's designed that way so when you are laying on your back looking up at it the icons are readable and correct. A very uncomfortable position.....
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yup it is that way on purpose from the factory and snaps on the opposite way of what you think, I still forget sometimes and wonder why it is not snapping in!!! (LOL)

QUOTE(Grosbard @ Aug 14 2019, 07:35 PM) *

Wanted to get some experts to weigh in here. I ordered this part from Auto Atlanta:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-914-Fus...1461231610.html

and based on my user manual, I think the location of all the icons is backwards. i.e. The leftmost icon should actually be the rightmost icon, the second leftmost should be the second rightmost, and so on. If that is accurate, I guess I could just install the cover upside down, but to start I just wanted to make sure that I had my facts correct. By the way, the photo on the website is not just upside down because there are numbers on the cover that are only right side up in the orientation as shown.

Second question - should this cover snap into place? Regardless of orientation, I can't seem to get it to snap in anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

FlacaProductions
if it doesn't QUITE fit try loosening the two screws that hold the fuse panel itself - not the black metal "frame" - just move the fuse panel around a little bit and you will probably find a sweet spot that allows the cover to snap in a little easier.
Grosbard
Thanks guys for the very helpful replies!
JawjaPorsche
I love my fuse box cover from Auto Atlanta. Got tired of accidentally knocking out fuses getting in. I remember one time I knocked out the headlight fuse at night and I couldn’t find it in the dark. This was before we had a cell phone with a light.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.