Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Fog lights for '76
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Gatornapper
IGNORE PLEASE - purchased from DrPhil....

Pretty simple. My '76 914 has those huge ugly black bumpers, and apart from putting on the older chrome ones, the only thing that can help is adding original fog lights - or lights that are close to original.

Please shoot me a PM if you have some to sell.

TIA,

GN
76-914
Don't pay over $25 a pair. They're plentiful. Most likely someone will offer you a pr just for shipping. The 70-74 lights are a Horse of a Different Color. beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 15 2019, 12:30 PM) *

Don't pay over $25 a pair. They're plentiful. Most likely someone will offer you a pr just for shipping. The 70-74 lights are a Horse of a Different Color. beerchug.gif

I disagree, I took 2 years to find mint clean pair, and they were NOS never mounted when I got them. that's like saying its easy to find a rust free 914, plenty of them- not!

so it depends on what you want, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being perfect NOS, I found most were in the 3-4 range in condition, just saying.
markhoward
I have a single one with no glass but otherwise good shape. Just cover shipping and its yours.
DRPHIL914
PM sent- 2 mint lights, lenses and cases 10/10 and internal reflectors also are mint.

Phil
bdstone914
@Gatornapper

The brackets for mounting the fog lights were only on the cars that had them from the factory.
To add a set you either need to wels on the brackets to the bumper frame of get one that has the brackets.
Good luck.

@76_914
Later lights are much harder to come by as them made far less 75-76 cars with fogs then all of the 70-74 cars with round fogs. I only have one pair of late and buckets of early fogs.
Mike Fitton
Aren't these fogs the same as on the '74+ 911's?
Gatornapper
Thanks! Already figured several ways to make the mounts.

GN

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 15 2019, 12:52 PM) *

@Gatornapper

The brackets for mounting the fog lights were only on the cars that had them from the factory.
To add a set you either need to wels on the brackets to the bumper frame of get one that has the brackets.
Good luck.

@76_914
Later lights are much harder to come by as them made far less 75-76 cars with fogs then all of the 70-74 cars with round fogs. I only have one pair of late and buckets of early fogs.

sixnotfour
i have a non fog light bumper with brackets... un wanted by me lmk..
914werke
@Gatornapper here you go smile.gif
bdstone914
@Mike Fitton

Aren't these fogs the same as on the '74+ 911's?
[/quote]
No.
They are different. The 914 lights have the mount on the bottom and 911 mount on the back. Same housing lens etc.
That style light was also used on BMW and Mercedes. Had to find some NOS lenses and searched under the Bosch number. Found some for under $50 each. Were made in clear and yellow.
Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.