Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight relays
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DickSteinkamp
1976. Are the headlight motor relays, and the relays in the relay panel in the engine compartment (power relay, fuel pump relay, heater fan relay) the same? PN 91161510901? If so, any others that are this PN?
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Aug 15 2019, 08:07 PM) *

1976. Are the headlight motor relays, and the relays in the relay panel in the engine compartment (power relay, fuel pump relay, heater fan relay) the same? PN 91161510901? If so, any others that are this PN?

Yes, the same.
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Aug 15 2019, 08:36 PM) *

Yes, the same.

Thanks!
jcd914
As best I know there are 2 maybe 3 different versions of the round 5 pin relays Porsche used.
The round black ones used in the 914 and other Porsche's,.

There was also a round red version used for 911 fuel pumps that has a higher amperage rating.

They all function the same just higher amperage for the red ones.

I also have some white ones from a 914 and I think they are the same as the black ones.

Jim
mitchdiego1
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Aug 15 2019, 08:55 PM) *

As best I know there are 2 maybe 3 different versions of the round 5 pin relays Porsche used.
The round black ones used in the 914 and other Porsche's,.

There was also a round red version used for 911 fuel pumps that has a higher amperage rating.

They all function the same just higher amperage for the red ones.

I also have some white ones from a 914 and I think they are the same as the black ones.

Jim

I have a question, I put a brand new relay in and my heater fans started running, replaced with a different one and they worked fine. I am thinking I have a bad relay out of the box, is the correct?
PanelBilly
Yes, you get bad ones brand new
mepstein
The early cars had metal covered relays.
mitchdiego1
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 16 2019, 02:48 PM) *

Yes, you get bad ones brand new

Man, I hate it when that happens! Thanks.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the bad ones were made by URO, we have had many, however URO is working on improved ones and will have them shortly, right now everyone is out of stock of every variety except the genuine porsche parts which we have many but they are expensive, yet work everythim. (how is that for a run on sentence?) 91161510901
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.