Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Woodward Dream Cruise Activities started early!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
The local Michigan Woodward Dream Cruise activities started a few days ago before the official Saturday August 17th event. It's about 20 miles long on Woodward Ave from North Detroit to Pontiac Mi. I was there mid afternoon near 14-mile Birmingham. When I left about 6:00 P.M. the cars were rolling in. Everything from big motor monsters to antiques. I have noticed a trend that trucks and station wagons are hot stirthepot.gif
It's reported to be about 40K cars attending and Saturday's event will have over a 1-million people along Woodward Ave. It's a wonderful car event.
I'll post a few early photo's.
Tom wub.gif
Superhawk996
I used to live one block off Woodward back during first few years of the Cruise in the 90s. Lived on 14 mile between Woodward and Greenfield. Ended up moving in part due to the Cruise.

I’m a gear head and live and breath cars both for work and as my hobby, but, what a complete PITA.

One year we had the house widows all open. Carbon monoxide alarm started going off. av-943.gif

It has only gotten worse over the years. Cruising now starts a week in advance and literally clogs up doing any sort of business in the area. I’m surprised the business owners haven’t put an end to it yet.

It was a ton of fun the first couple of years. Now there are too many ass clowns, too much police presence, and way too much big corporate sponsorship for me to even go near it. Cars overheating and puking barf.gif coolant because they are stuck in 1mph traffic with no airflow. Like they thought a 500 cid engine with a blower was going to be OK with 2 square foot of radiator! I now plan my week(s) to completely avoid it the area!

I’ve literally turned into a cruise curmudgeon! sad.gif I’m ashamed of myself!
injunmort
I am heading over this afternoon to catch the start of festivities
TJB/914
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 16 2019, 10:46 AM) *

I used to live one block off Woodward back during first few years of the Cruise in the 90s. Lived on 14 mile between Woodward and Greenfield. Ended up moving in part due to the Cruise.

I’m a gear head and live and breath cars both for work and as my hobby, but, what a complete PITA.

One year we had the house widows all open. Carbon monoxide alarm started going off. av-943.gif

It has only gotten worse over the years. Cruising now starts a week in advance and literally clogs up doing any sort of business in the area. I’m surprised the business owners haven’t put an end to it yet.

It was a ton of fun the first couple of years. Now there are too many ass clowns, too much police presence, and way too much big corporate sponsorship for me to even go near it. Cars overheating and puking barf.gif coolant because they are stuck in 1mph traffic with no airflow. Like they thought a 500 cid engine with a blower was going to be OK with 2 square foot of radiator! I now plan my week(s) to completely avoid it the area!
fill
I’ve literally turned into a cruise curmudgeon! sad.gif I’m ashamed of myself!

Superhawk huh.gif
It's the smell of fuel and loud exhaust & pretty girls happy11.gif :
I need to see more of those hot trucks. first.gif
Tom

Superhawk996
biggrin.gif

Keep the pictures rolling. There really is noting quite like it. piratenanner.gif

Just glad I’m not stuck in the traffic, jockeying for a place to sit or stand, or trying to find a place to take a leak! beer3.gif

Right now is the time to enjoy it. It will be packed by tomorrow!
BIGKAT_83
First new corvette sighting.
Click to view attachment
BIGKAT_83
Click to view attachment
BIGKAT_83
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.