Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 71T motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
x-faktory
for Sale: 71T motor #6115862, $6000 OBRO

I bought this T motor a while back. Pretty typical story…..It was reported to be rebuilt many years ago and the final assembly was not completed…..I.E., built up to a short block with all other parts in boxes………….no documentation etc…..it was local, so I went and checked it out. No documentation to back it up, but peeking into the short-block, it does appear to be rebuilt,,,rods rebushed etc . Not likely a total pro job (RTV for case sealant) but pretty clean and tidy. The heads were obviously rebuilt, new valves, super clean, etc. Pistons and cylinders in great shape, a decent set of Zeniths……so I bought it and put it back together. New upper end gaskets, Clewett wires, Zenith rebuild kit and fired it up. Runs pretty damn good and the leak-down tests show very good results. It is missing the engine wiring harness and needs carb tuning, etc....., but overall a good stock T-motor with very good leak-down numbers.
(all cylinders at 3% or less)
I'll provide a crate and crate it for shipping....but shipping costs, planning etc. are up to the buyer and are not included in the price.

Trying to make room in the shop...and no time for this one...it is surplus to my needs.

Link to video of engine running on my test stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gQiM29bNAI

Regards,
al

PS: Muffler not included.....but I'll toss in the headers (stock heat exchangers with sheet metal removed)
Tdskip
Al is a good guy, knows his stuff, if you aren't familiar with him.

Edit - I do have a PM sent on a potential trade so I am interested in
porschetub
Great price GLWS biggrin.gif .
Tdskip
It sold (not to me) and Al was great to work with as always.
x-faktory
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Aug 28 2019, 07:50 PM) *

It sold (not to me) and Al was great to work with as always.

thanks...much appreciated.
regards,
al
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.