Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Sale: 1973 914 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dougstrach
Great, low-rust, solid car. Recently tuned--New plugs, condenser, points. Fuel pump upgrade and new Tangerine Racing stainless lines to replace the old vinyl lines. Still have the old pump and bracket if you want to keep it all original.

Purchased last year out of Colorado where is sat in dry storage for about 20 years. Last driven and tagged in 1996, but it runs great now with no smoke and a smooth idle. I would say rust free, but there is one small spot where some rust is under the driver side rocker panel. It seems that this is about as rust free as you find!

I do see a bit of oil dripping on the exhaust after it heats up, but nothing too concerning, but a little smoke as it cools.

Great project car to clean up the body or even keep in its original survivor patina. I have lots of parts from the previous owner including new clutch, brakes, A/C, ignition parts, trim parts, new seat covers, fuel tank cleaner (not needed). The car is complete and just needs a little effort to get it into great shape. Only part missing is the shifter knob.

Asking $7500 obo.

More pictures available at https://photos.app.goo.gl/A82KW2QbH17NHE849

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
nditiz1
Looks those rockers will come off with ease, can we get a pic of the rust area?
Jett
Interested, once we see the longs smile.gif.

We have a 73 1.7 Phoenix red (orange) with rusted longs and melted battery tray, but all other interior, seals, and mechanical parts are mint —either new or restored. It would be great to swap everything but the motor over and might be cheaper/quicker than doing the rust repair.

Shipping would be expensive sad.gif
rhodyguy
Rent a trailer, take your truck and go get it. 4 day run there and home. Shorter if you and the co-pilot straight thru it.
dougstrach
Here are some pics of the problem area. Little bulge and a crack. The next photo is the opposite side, same place, then some more of the rockers underneath.

I've tried to flip the photos and re-upload, but can't get them to come in right. They are correct on the Google share link if you don't want to turn your head....

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=708
786]Click to view attachment
Nutter965
need pictures of the hell hole and of the passenger side long at the rear please
Chi-town
The back of that long is toast
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.