Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 914 starts sometimes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brcacti
Hello, recently bought sometimes starts, sometimes nothing, former owner says a relay on driver side under or top of engine compartment gave problems before on and off. Can anyone shed more light on this problem or relay? Do I need to get a got wire set for this car?
Literati914
QUOTE(brcacti @ Aug 17 2019, 10:43 AM) *

Hello, recently bought sometimes starts, sometimes nothing, former owner says a relay on driver side under or top of engine compartment gave problems before on and off. Can anyone shed more light on this problem or relay? Do I need to get a got wire set for this car?

What year? Carbs or Fuel injection? No relays under the engine... PO must have meant the main relays on top, behind the driver. Does it sound like the starter is engaging? etc?
sixnotfour
under pass. seat connect yellow wires as pictured
rhodyguy
Failure to spin or failure to catch?
JLSmith550
I'm having a similar issue (I think) with my 74 2.0 single carb. Starts with some throttle. Idles high and after about a minute cuts out. Every restart after that generally stalls out. I've adjusted the idle up and it doesn't help.
914Sixer
After you check under seat, my next though is bad switch. Even if it is not the problem, replace it anyway since you went to the trouble to check it.. Spend the money and get a Porsche one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.