Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New arrival at Vancouver, WA Pick & Pull
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mankowski
Row 52 ad says it's a 72. I will post more details about parts and condition, with photos, and add VIN to database after checking it out later this morning.

EricClick to view attachment
1adam12
Good luck! Hopefully it will be worth your while and you can scoop up a few usable items. Suspect on those fenders tho if they state it's a '72.
Tbrown4x4
Mmmm those wire hubcaps! haha

I got that notification today as well. Too far on short notice. Keep us posted.
mankowski
Lots of rust as expected but pretty complete. I’ll be here for a little while longer if anyone wants anything I can check or possibly pull it.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
If its a late 1972, I would be interested in the main chassis harness. Its some work to get it out I realize. The late 72 I am interested in has the 14 pin connector at the steering column, not the 12 pin connector.

Let me know.
mankowski
Jeff,

This is a June 72 chassis Vin number ending in 0827, so it’s just a few cars too early for that later harness. So close!
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Aug 17 2019, 01:53 PM) *

Mmmm those wire hubcaps! haha

I always get a kick out of people that wanted to give their German cars more of a British flair.

PO of my car stripped basked weave from dash and added wood veneer and also added other wood accents in center seat cache, center console, etc.

In all honesty, I had a set of Enkei wheels on my 914 in the late 80's with fake center wheel knocks sad.gif What was I thinking!
JeffBowlsby
If it was built in June of 72, it should be a late 72 car. The last 5 of the VIN...is it 20827? That would be one of the last 72smade.
mankowski
Yes, the VIN is 4722920827. I misread the VIN tables on my phone while at the yard; back home now and can see them better -- indeed, it is a late 72. There are some hacks to wiring visible under the dash -- I'm not highly knowledgable about the routing of the main harness in order to assess its condition -- but PM me Jeff if you would like it and I can go back and pull.

Original color is yellow (L13M), and was repainted this shade of blue. Unusual bits on the car: the Amco vinyl shift knob (label is in bad condition) and Amco luggage rack (one mount missing).

I pulled the fuel pump and MPS for spares, and the relay board that will allow for some practice of my planned work to repair the swage connection on my board at the 25amp fuse terminals.Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.