Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - What to do with all those free stickers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Superhawk996
I constantly end up with automotive related stickers. I literally have hundreds of stickers like these.

I'm basically like a 4 year old and love to stick them to stuff in the garage. Tool box is the main target.

Click to view attachment

I can't be the only one. screwy.gif
Mark Henry
Toolbox, 2 post lift and the inside of the shop man door.
Looking at a new tool cabinet, thinking about a Husky 52"...don't know if I want to put stickers on it.
johnhora
Superhawk996...

Nope you're not the only one...we all do it in the personal shop.

Now you've gone and done it biggrin.gif

I love it!

Heck it gives you a glimpse of your history going down memory lane.

Adds color to otherwise dull area..

Click to view attachment
Dion
I can’t go to a swap meet without ever buying a sticker!
Mike Bellis
IPB Image
Superhawk996
av-943.gif

I'm not quite there yet!
sb914
I put my favorite ones on magnet material.Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
Ha Ha. I used to do the same with magnetics on my Miata when doing Autocross or track days.

Maybe redeploy them for the 914

Click to view attachment

Or maybe just to add a little misinformation to add to the questions people ask about 914's.

Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 17 2019, 12:58 PM) *

I constantly end up with automotive related stickers. I literally have hundreds of stickers like these.

I'm basically like a 4 year old and love to stick them to stuff in the garage. Tool box is the main target.

Click to view attachment

I can't be the only one. screwy.gif

Don’t throw them away. Give me some @superhawk996! lol-2.gif laugh.gif
I would buy a bundle of them.

-Ed
Superhawk996
happy11.gif

We all knew the toss them option was rhetorical and that I was already biased to decorate like a 4 year old!

What kind of hoarder sells his stuff?

First it would be stickers and then it would end up with selling all my toy motorcycles and ultimately the 914. No way!

Interesting fact though. Today I gave away my 1997 CBR race bike to a 20's ish co-worker that loves bikes and might actually get it back into running shape. I last ran it on the track in about 2008! Had many good days and some that were not so great racing that bike! Memories. Stickers are kind of the same - they bring back memories of times and places. smile.gif

I thought it would be hard to let the bike go. Turns out it really felt good to let it go knowing that someone else might revive it and enjoy it for track days.

Click to view attachment
worn
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 18 2019, 12:10 PM) *

happy11.gif

We all knew the toss them option was rhetorical and that I was already biased to decorate like a 4 year old!

What kind of hoarder sells his stuff?

First it would be stickers and then it would end up with selling all my toy motorcycles and ultimately the 914. No way!

Interesting fact though. Today I gave away my 1997 CBR race bike to a 20's ish co-worker that loves bikes and might actually get it back into running shape. I last ran it on the track in about 2008! Had many good days and some that were not so great racing that bike! Memories. Stickers are kind of the same - they bring back memories of times and places. smile.gif

I thought it would be hard to let the bike go. Turns out it really felt good to let it go knowing that someone else might revive it and enjoy it for track days.

Click to view attachment

Well done! I am starting to give stuff away. But the feeling that it might help someone enjoy the thing who otherwise couldn’t afford it is an important component. Also, selling is harder for me to contemplate, because giving something away doesn’t make me feel like i worked for ten percent of minimum wage...from 1976.
Rand
You know the ones to put on your car or NOT. The rest is garage glitter. Go.
914xr75
I put them on the inside doors of my Moto shedsClick to view attachment
Mueller
Tool boxes get the decals, the inside of a food cabinet gets the stickers from the wife and I volunteering at school.

Pics later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.