Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front lower targa top seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Seems hard getting the front lower targa top seal to fit in.
Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions to help.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you may need to trim it a bit, has a rectangular notch in the middle, a bit of silicone grease helps as well
QUOTE(partwerks @ Aug 17 2019, 02:39 PM) *

partwerks
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 17 2019, 01:48 PM) *

you may need to trim it a bit, has a rectangular notch in the middle, a bit of silicone grease helps as well
QUOTE(partwerks @ Aug 17 2019, 02:39 PM) *

I've got it started, since I got that squarish part started in.
Since you've probably done lots of these, do I trim the ends square to fit in the corners?
With that center piece in the middle, there isn't much more than 1/8" in between, and looks like I am going to have to cut deeper into that notch to allow it to fit down in that narrow groove, or will it prove anything to remove that block, put the seal in, and then reinstall that center block?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
We try to cut the notch as close as possible, but you can't add material so we leave any final trimming to the actual install.

The corners are mitered top and bottom to a "point".

By the way nice visors
Mikey914
By the way the "head" has a flap at the bottom that goes over the textured vinyl upper that the visor clips go into.

It hides the edge by going over it.
FlacaProductions
@Mikey914 - can you run through this part again - I don't quite understand. I just received your targa seal kit and it's on the short list for install. Just trying to get it in my head before I make the attempt.

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 17 2019, 08:27 PM) *

By the way the "head" has a flap at the bottom that goes over the textured vinyl upper that the visor clips go into.

partwerks
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Aug 18 2019, 07:19 AM) *

@Mikey914 - can you run through this part again - I don't quite understand. I just received your targa seal kit and it's on the short list for install. Just trying to get it in my head before I make the attempt.

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 17 2019, 08:27 PM) *

I think he is talking about that bottom lip you just pull over that texture skin on the moulding so that it hides it.

Most likely you will have to carve deeper into that notch so that that square part will go by that center piece in order to fit down. At least that is what I had to do.
FlacaProductions
Ah - ok. got it.
Mikey914
Yes beat me to it, but that was what I was trying to articulate.
Mikey914
I'm emabrassed, but I can clearly see the notch is cut backwards PM me your name and I will have to have another set to you. headbang.gif
Mikey914
Well duplicated the picture looks like it is cut correctly, just not as deep as we normally cut them.
It should look like this
Mikey914
This will make it clear as mud
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.