Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine Stainless Pushrod tubes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Superhawk996
Looking at the Tangerine Stainless Push Rod tubes.

Like the ideal of stainless and slightly improved clearance to exhaust, like the ring to help push/pull for install/removal. Also like the idea that stainless is a poor conductor of heat - maybe help prevent some heat transfer from exhaust pipes?

Any improvement in leak resistance? Gotta admit the stock pushrod tubes worked well for me in past but of course I always had weeping even with Viton.

Searches on this site and Google not turning up much information.

Wondering if anyone is running these? A bit pricey so looking for some sort of rationalization that it's worth the trip.
Mark Henry
Installed customer purchased a set on a stockish engine, I felt money could be better spent elsewhere.

IIRC there's a set that's extra long which would be good for strokers running big cylinder base spacers and cleared to fit big header stubs, in these cases I can see it being worthwhile.

Biggest issue with stock tubes is they can rust out, not much of an issue with fair weather cars. BTW I repair dented tubes by pressing an old socket through them.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 17 2019, 06:29 PM) *

BTW I repair dented tubes by pressing an old socket through them.

laugh.gif

And I thought I was cheap! I love it. I'm only disappointed I haven't done this on an old bug type 1 back in my college days!

Going to be a tough call. I really like the idea of stainless but I'm struggling. Everything I've bought from Tangerine has been top notch to date but agree it might be a stretch for a stock engine where I'm not adjusting tube length.

Some warped piece of me wants to polish em' and just have them under there . . . well, just because it would be cool.

Mark Henry
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 17 2019, 07:05 PM) *

Some warped piece of me wants to polish em' and just have them under there . . . well, just because it would be cool.

If you drive your 914 it's all going to get hosed on the greasy side anyways. I don't paint or polish cases, but I powdercoat the tin.
Don't rattle can the tin, a tiny bit of gas or brake cleaner will ruin the finish, I powdercoat or use catalyzed paint. I can get parts blasted and powder coated for not much more than the material cost of paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.