Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS original 914-6 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mlindner
For sale is an original 914-6 engine long block. This was the engine in a beautiful 914-6 GT Tribute sold last year at BringATrailor (link bottom of page) purchased by my boss. Being the car wasn't a true 914-6 he opted to pull the engine and install a 2.7L he had on the shelf. The engine is a rebuilt long block purchased for the GT build and only has 2,000 miles logged with great cold leak-down numbers. $7,800. Best, MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-porsche-914-6-gt/
pete000
Seems like a great buy...
jmz
From the white GT clone? ...thinking that engine may have been built by supertec and to S specs. Looks like a great deal.
mlindner
I was told the 2.0L six engine was rebuilt by Air Cooled Classics and purchased as a long block for the 914-6 GT Tribute. Mark
Cairo94507
Damn. I got a little excited- my missing original engine is 8 numbers later than this, 6414135. I am always looking. Maybe one day it will turn up. beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
Out of curiosity, is this going as long block as stated or are the carbs included as shown in pictures?
Superhawk996
oops - disregard. Now I see it is just carb hats sitting over the intake ports.
mlindner
Superhawk996, the owner just put PMOs with larger venturi on the 2.7 this week, soo the carbs could be included at an additional cost if needed. Mark
jmz
QUOTE(mlindner @ Aug 24 2019, 06:42 AM) *

I was told the 2.0L six engine was rebuilt by Air Cooled Classics and purchased as a long block for the 914-6 GT Tribute. Mark

...I think you are right, I "mis-remembered" I do seem to recall that the original builder of that white clone was told it was built to S spec before they purchased the engine.
JOEPROPER
This looks like a nice deal for someone... other than me. Free bump.
mlindner
Bump, looking for a good 914-6 home.
sixaddict
Just like horse shoes and hand grenades.....Needing 4134....Beating Michael by 1 but still no cigar !

GLWS

quote name='mlindner' date='Sep 6 2019, 08:09 AM' post='2744590']
Bump, looking for a good 914-6 home.
[/quote]
mlindner
Just a picture of the engine before install. MarkClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.