Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cruise to Lime Rock Conn. Vintage Races
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Big Len
We're taking the back roads up to Lime Rock Park for the Vintage Festival on Saturday, August 31 and parking in the Porsche Corral on the infield. INFO -

About the event - http://limerock.com/historicfestivalparade

There will be 2 meeting places on route -

For people coming from NJ/PA - About 8 a.m., Perkins Lookout on Bear Mountain, which is right off Route 6 http://nhlr.org/lookouts/us/ny/perkins-memorial-lookout/

For cars coming from NYC, Long Island, NY State - About 9;15 am. The Patterson Library parking lot in Patterson, NY. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Patterson...3;4d-73.6023427

From there, we'll head to Lime Rock along some excellent roads up to Lime Rock, which should take about 75 minutes.

Buy your race day flex tickets for SATURDAY - https://tickets.limerock.com/orderticketsar...1598.1564448428

Buy your Porsche Corral Parking here - https://tickets.limerock.com/orderticketsar...1598.1564448428

I'll post a complete route map later today, but this should be great time. Don't forget lawn chairs, cooler, all that crap.
Big Len
Click to view attachment
injunmort
if we go perkins up 9d to 301 to 22, we wont go anywhere near Patterson ny. jest sayin
BENBRO02
I'd love to do it but it's 6 hours from my house to the starting point.
Porschef
Sounds like fun. I’m in
914dave
Damn, cars apart! Won’t be ready. Usually a fun day
Big Len
QUOTE(914dave @ Aug 19 2019, 08:23 AM) *

Damn, cars apart! Won’t be ready. Usually a fun day

What's with the car being apart? I just saw a video of it going down a race track. Stop breaking it. smile.gif
914dave
Continuous improvements and maintenance. Just poor timing with Lime Rock. Prep for Okteenerfest which I don’t see you signed up for!
Big Len
QUOTE(914dave @ Aug 19 2019, 01:21 PM) *

Continuous improvements and maintenance. Just poor timing with Lime Rock. Prep for Okteenerfest which I don’t see you signed up for!

Maintenance,yes. Improvements? B.S. You can't improve that car.

Okteenerfest, maybe next year.

BENBRO02
QUOTE(Big Len @ Aug 19 2019, 05:39 PM) *

QUOTE(914dave @ Aug 19 2019, 01:21 PM) *

Maintenance,yes. Improvements? B.S. You can't improve that car.

Okteenerfest, maybe next year.

This Okteenerfest is going to be huge. 149 people registered already. That's got to be around 75 cars.
Big Len
Here's the schedule for Saturday -
Saturday, August 31
7:00a: Gates, The Midway, Lime Rock Store & Concessions Open
9:00a - 1:00p: WPKN 89.5 FM Broadcasting from A Paddock
9:00a - 5:00p: Swap Meet in B Paddock
9:00a - 9:20a: Group 1 Race 1
9:25a - 9:45a: Group 2 Race 1
9:50a - 10:10a: Group 3 Race 1
10:15a - 10:35a: Group 4 Race 1
10:40a - 11:00a: Group 5 Race 1
11:00a - 1:00p: I95 ROCK FM Broadcasting from Midway
TBA: Paddock Tour
11:05a - 11:25a: Group 6 Race 1
11:30a - 11:50a: Group 7 Race 1
11:55a - 12:15p: Group 8 Race 1
12:20p - 12:40p: Group 9 Race 1
12:20p - 12:30p: Hot Lap raffle drawing at Info Tent (buy $5 tickets prior to)
12:40p - 1:45p: Parade Laps/Hot Laps/Touring Group
1:35p - 1:45p: Invocation & National Anthem
1:45p - 2:05p: Group 1 Race 2
2:10p - 2:30p: Group 2 Race 2
2:35p - 2:55p: Group 3 Race 2
3:00p - 3:20p: Group 4 Race 2
TBA: Paddock Tour
3:25p - 3:45p: Group 5 Race 2
3:50p - 4:10p: Group 6 Race 2
4:15p - 4:35p: Group 7 Race 2
4:40p - 5:00p: Group 8 Race 2
5:05p - 5:25p: Group 9 Race 2
5:30p - 6:00p: Hardship Laps/ Worker Rides
6:00p: Track Cold
Big Len
Weather is forecast to be near perfect for the entire vintage festival. First time for me at Lime Rock.
Dion
You’ll enjoy it Len. It’s very cool. Great cars show up. Glad Mother Nature is cooperating. Have to give it a miss this year.
Post pics! Especially of the teeners!
Big Len
Will do.
Injun Mort is going, even though his car is up on the lift last night. He said and I quote, "If it starts, I'm going". Now THAT'S a 914 owner.
ChrisFoley
I actually have a dog in the hunt at Lime Rock this weekend.
Greg Amy suffered a terminal engine failure a week ago while tuning so I loaned him the backup engine from my race car.
There were some compatibility issues with the "experimental" dry sump plumbing I employ and his more conventional setup, but he has the car running and is at the track.
This morning he had to pull in after only a couple laps in the first session though. The engine sat untouched in my garage for 7+ years and there was quite a bit of residue in the carb float bowls which didn't get cleaned out ahead of time. blink.gif
It looks like he'll have the car ready for this afternoon's race.
Beeliner
I'll join at Patterson Library...
driving.gif
Big Len
QUOTE(Beeliner @ Aug 30 2019, 04:27 PM) *

I'll join at Patterson Library...
driving.gif

Excellent. Will post on here if we're late or on time.
Big Len
We'll look for the car Chris.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Big Len @ Aug 30 2019, 04:18 PM) *

We'll look for the car Chris.

Orange #33
SKL1
Hope the weather is good! A friend of mine from here in Scottsdale is back there racing his 911 this weekend.. silver with Martini livery...
injunmort
heading out in a few, looking forward to this event. woodward dream cruise last week and limerock this weekend, turned into a good summer.
Big Len
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
GregAmy
Pleasure meeting you, Len! Wish I'd had time to walk up and say hellow to everyone.

Hope y'all had a good time!
Dion
Nice! Good pics of #33. I’ve always enjoyed going up there.
My son and I Had the pleasure of meeting Sir Jackie Stewart there one year. Not a bad seat in the house on those green hills. Look forward to taking my 914 up there next year.
Big Len
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Sep 3 2019, 11:58 AM) *

Pleasure meeting you, Len! Wish I'd had time to walk up and say hellow to everyone.

Hope y'all had a good time!

Enjoyed watching the car make all those passes. Pleasure talking to you.
Beeliner
I decided to go a couple of days before and it was my first outing with 914 world members.....

With my car only recently surviving a 2.0 to 2.2 rebuild here's how the other members made sure I had a good time.....

1. Not having pre-registered I was treated to coming in on another's pass... (forgive me for forgetting his name)

2. I went to the "Will Call" booth not having called and was treated to a Paddock Pass with a "here, it's on me." Begging works.

3. Big Len said "Hurry up and eat your wrap. We gotta get to the skid pad." OK, why?

4. To get in the Porsche Parade around the course.

5. We're 15 minutes late for registration and the Porsche Parade (!!!) is full.....

6. Except that Leigh says.... "Ask Him."

7. "Just get on the line and drive out there."

8. So we did, and we did, and I did two laps at Lime Rock Park... driving.gif

I can't imagine a better introduction to fellow 914ers.... Thank you all so much.

Free admission, free Paddock, free laps.... cheer.gif

Christmas in August.... santa_smiley.gif

Big Len
How great was that Bruce? So cool, so worth choking on your wrap. smile.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.