Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Ribbed rubber floormats or raw material
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
campbellcj
I have searched around a fair amount but no dice - trying to find either some pre-made 914 floormats or raw material to make some, in the thin ribbed rubber material like in some of the early 911 RS and racecars.

Any leads greatly appreciated. I'll keep looking on early911S and Pelican.
Front yard mechanic
I saw a material at ace hardware " carpet runner " in black 36" wide roll
amfab
I think I know what you are talking about—thin straight triangular ribs maybe 1/16th inch each—looks kinda like the result of a serrated trowel?

I have seen rolls of something like that at Linoleum City in Hollywood—they have an amazing selection of rubber flooring products.

Linoleum City, 4849 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90029

-Andrew

Click to view attachment
amfab
also found it here online:

https://www.americanfloormats.com/corrugate...er-runner-mats/
rhodyguy
Commercial floor runner from the hardware store. Buy it by the foot. Should be avail in black, grey and brown. You could use either side up. Ribs or a light textured finish
live free & drive
Try Mcmaster Carr; search "ribbed rubber". They have a number of options and the quality will be better than most places.

The SBR rubber or Neoprene rubber will be superior to the vinyl

They do have 1/8" which woud be the thinnest you'll find.
SixerJ
No good for you due to the shipping but example of ribbed mat and definitely what I have seen in ST racer hot rods builds etc over here

I’m also fairly sure it’s the same stuff that is put down on the floor in front of big electrical switch panels in data centres etc

http://www.automobiletrim.com/rubber-matting.html
screenguy914
Another source. Home Depot.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.