Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Panel Card Differences
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mxkinn01
Hello All,
I just received my entire tan interior kit from World Upholstery (sorry 914Rubber, waited for almost a year for you to get the early tan).
Question. My 73 had molded door cards with no metal strip across the top (the smooth part on the top is molded press board), maybe from a later car. The door cards received from WU are for the ones with the metal strips on the top.

How is the metal strip attached to the boards?
And does anyone have an extra set they are willing to part with? Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Not a complete "kit" the metal tabs fold into the press board card. The metal also holds the dividing cardboard strip that makes the bottom of the bolster.

Good news is that we just finished running the new panels Friday and are starting to address the backlog.

mxkinn01
Agreed Mark. I guess someone change the door cards to the molded type sometime in its life. I'll try to locate some decent metal strips, refurbish and attach them before I reupholster. Kinda wish I had black interior (way easier to get) instead of tan, the tan has turned into quite a chore.
I really wanted to buy from you Mark, but I couldn't wait anymore. Scott and I talked about the tan for close to a year, sorry to hear about your troubles with your upholstery guys. I did get the carpet from you guys and it looks great, at least on my kitchen table.

On a side note thanks for doing another visor GB, I'll be waiting for your PM on when to send them in.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.