Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decal Dilemma:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_7T3
Will be having the following decals reproduced for my '73 resto project and need some assistance.

If anyone still has these markings on their cars, would be super appreciative if you could reply with the outside dimensions of each. Thanks for your help and if anyone elso would like a set, I'm amenable to setting up a group buy for the '73 community @bbrock @superhawk996

Special thanks to @JeffBowlsby for the reference photos from

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PLM.htm

expansion tank tire decal
Click to view attachment

paint code decal-driver's side door jamb
Click to view attachment

CA windshield emissions decal
Click to view attachment

CA engine bay emission decals
Click to view attachment
Jett
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Aug 18 2019, 10:18 PM) *

Will be having the following decals reproduced for my '73 resto project and need some assistance.

If anyone still has these markings on their cars, would be super appreciative if you could reply with the outside dimensions of each. Thanks for your help and if anyone elso would like a set, I'm amenable to setting up a group buy for the '73 community @bbrock @superhawk996

Special thanks to @JeffBowlsby for the reference photos from

expansion tank tire decal
Click to view attachment

paint code decal-driver's side door jamb
Click to view attachment

CA windshield emissions decal
Click to view attachment

CA engine bay emission decals
Click to view attachment

Interested in GB and for a complete enumeration of all of the sticker locations.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have the tire sticker and most of the timing emissions stickers on the shelf, but not all of them
914_7T3
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 19 2019, 07:10 AM) *

we have the tire sticker and most of the timing emissions stickers on the shelf, but not all of them

@dr914@autoatlanta.com

Thanks, are you able to assist in providing these dimensions?
Mark Henry
What I'm looking for ia a good quality and correct size hood crest decal.
I have to remove the one on the wifes 914 because it will get pried off where she works, but I need to cover the holes.
Most I've seen are the wrong size and/or poor quality.

GT3 decal form the dealer is $130 canadian WTF.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 19 2019, 10:18 AM) *

I have to remove the one on the wifes 914 because it will get pried off where she works, but I need to cover the holes.

That's easy!!! Just sent you a PM with a link!
raynekat
Aase Sales has a nice one.
Put it on my car and I'm picky so it's got to be good. wink.gif
bbrock
Best info I could find on the metallic paint decals is here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...227846&st=0
I had one made by a guy on ebay as they are a VW item. I think the link is in that thread. If not, I will get it for you.

I'll get dims on the expansion tank sticker after work. Just need to go out to the storage shed and measure.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Aug 19 2019, 12:08 PM) *

@dr914@autoatlanta.com

Why don’t you order them from Auto Atlanta instead of reproducing? He says he has them on the shelf.
914_7T3
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 19 2019, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Aug 19 2019, 12:08 PM) *

@dr914@autoatlanta.com

Why don’t you order them from Auto Atlanta instead of reproducing? He says he has them on the shelf.

Because he only has the expansion tank decal and the color of it is not correct IMHO.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 19 2019, 01:18 PM) *

happy11.gif

$130 for a sticker from the Stealership sounds about right for a GT3. Pocket change.

Plus, its good for a GT3 weight savings too. Even more important to save weight on a 914 so you should just pony up and call it a day. lol-2.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 19 2019, 11:42 AM) *

Best info I could find on the metallic paint decals is here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...227846&st=0
I had one made by a guy on ebay as they are a VW item. I think the link is in that thread. If not, I will get it for you.

I'll get dims on the expansion tank sticker after work. Just need to go out to the storage shed and measure.

@bbrock

Did you end up using the 28mm x75mm size and can you confirm the font used? That should be enough to go on for my vendor! Eagerly awainting the expansion tank dims and I will be 2 for 4.

Anyone else have an original emission decal on the windshield and/or engine bay whereby the size can be reference?
bbrock
@914_7T3

Expansion tank sticker dimensions are 80mm x 49mm

Not sure about the font used on my paint sticker. Here is the link to where I got it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Vintage-style-P...2.c100227.m3827

The font looks pretty close to what I see in pics. I should have had the guy space the letters a little different though.

Actual dimensions of the paint sticker I got are 28mm x 78mm. I'm not sure why the extra 3mm length.
Cal
Please keep in mind that there were two different tire decals available for our 914's.....the one shown in the photo is for a 2.0L car. No one currently reproduces the 2.0L version.
914_7T3
QUOTE(Cal @ Aug 20 2019, 05:06 AM) *

Please keep in mind that there were two different tire decals available for our 914's.....the one shown in the photo is for a 2.0L car. No one currently reproduces the 2.0L version.

Correct, it is for the 2.0!

JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Cal @ Aug 20 2019, 05:06 AM) *

Actually there were 8.

JeffBowlsby
You really going to make this one? its complicated with the 3 x 3 cells which are separate panels only connected at the corners of each panel.

108mm x 42mm.
914_7T3
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 20 2019, 03:04 PM) *

You really going to make this one? its complicated with the 3 x 3 cells.

Yup, if I can get someone to forward me the dims of it along with the engine bay emission decal.

Anybody out there have them that can provide outside dimensions?
JeffBowlsby
See revised post 17 above.
914_7T3
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 21 2019, 12:25 AM) *

Jeff, thanks so much for those dimensions. 3 down and 1 to go!

If anyone has the outside dimensions for the engine bay emission decal picutured below, please add it to the thread. Thank you.

Click to view attachment
bbrock
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Aug 21 2019, 11:13 AM) *

If anyone has the outside dimensions for the engine bay emission decal picutured below, please add it to the thread. Thank you.

Click to view attachment

I'm also interested in this one. I would prefer the 49-state version but haven't seen an example to know how it differs.
914_7T3
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 21 2019, 10:41 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I'm also interested in this one. I would prefer the 49-state version but haven't seen an example to know how it differs.

Click to view attachment
Still waiting for a kind hearted World Member to reply with the dims on this one.

JeffBowlsby

The clear windshield sticker is for CA-only models. Sorry.
bbrock
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 23 2019, 04:35 PM) *

The clear windshield sticker is for CA-only models. Sorry.

I was talking about the foil sticker with the red lettering. Was there a 49-state version of those? As far as I'm concerned, the fewer stickers to buy, the better, but I'd like to get the complete set appropriate for my car. smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
Yes, see Post 1 for the link to my image collection, I have an image of most but not all of them. See if there is one there for your car.
bbrock
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 23 2019, 04:46 PM) *

Yes, see Post 1 for the link to my image collection, I have an image of most but not all of them. See if there is one there for your car.

Thanks, I had already looked at your site, but the only ones I found for 73 are for California cars. I suspect the only difference might be that 49-state stickers only say they comply with EPA regulations vs. "EPA AND CALIFORNIA REGULATIONS"
914_7T3
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Aug 23 2019, 12:39 PM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 21 2019, 10:41 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Still waiting for a kind hearted World Member to reply with the dims on this one.

Mystery solved 127mm x 51mm Got the info from the buyer of @Arne 's 914 Project.

Can @SirAndy move this to the Orignality and History forum? Some good info here for future reference!
914_7T3
Click to view attachment

Just got the proofs and except for the extra "T" in metallic which will be corrected. They came out amazing!!!

beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.