Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unable to operate passenger window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HansJan
Hello,

The passenger side window is having issues. With new seals in place the door window needs to be pulled down.
However when doing this (turning window crank Counter Clockwise), the actuator goes down but the glass does not follow. Untill it suddenly does (and then it just falls down).

The clamp, that holds the bottom of the glass, seems not thight enough. I treid to glue it in. But that didn't work.

How to resolve this?

See pics.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Scrape with a razor blade, clean thoroughly with rag and acetone then use 5 min epoxy to set it. looks like you tried, but it either had oil on it or the mix ratio was off
Larmo63
agree.gif

This is a common issue with 45+ year old sports cars.

I just did this on my car, no issues now.
HansJan
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 20 2019, 12:09 AM) *

Scrape with a razor blade, clean thoroughly with rag and acetone then use 5 min epoxy to set it. looks like you tried, but it either had oil on it or the mix ratio was off

Thanks.
I just pickup some acetone, will use your procedure.
Will update.
HansJan
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 20 2019, 12:09 AM) *

This worked out great.
I used JB-weld (because that's what I had on-hand).

Thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.