Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions About a New Steering Wheel / Hub Combo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jtprettyman
I recently picked up a new steering wheel and adapter for my 74 project, and now wondering a bit about what I ended up with. Wheel was listed as a "President" brand wheel in the Momo pattern, but doesn't fit the adapter - the bolt pattern is correct, but the hub bore size doesn't fit the adapter (49.5mm vs 52.75mm). First glance looks to be a Momo A-8002 adapter, but not sure about this wheel. Anyone have some insight on these?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
do you have a horn button ??
SirAndy
Never seen that brand but you can tell from the shape of the mounting holes that it won't fit the momo hub, the holes aren't tapered to fit the screw heads.

idea.gif
jtprettyman
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 20 2019, 02:09 PM) *

do you have a horn button ??

No, I do not have a horn button as of yet.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 20 2019, 02:10 PM) *

Never seen that brand but you can tell from the shape of the mounting holes that it won't fit the momo hub, the holes aren't tapered to fit the screw heads.

idea.gif

Yes, no countersink on the wheel for the provided screws. The adapter and screws were an afterthought, seller asked me if I need one after the purchase of the wheel. Nothing against the seller, don't think he ever had them together. Just wondering exactly what I ended up with here as the wheel is a bit of a mystery to me.
sixnotfour
the new style does not use the centering boss...

I would get a momo horn button and care fully dremel out the bore of the wheel to fit hub..
use button head or std allen bolts
jtprettyman
Is anyone familiar with the 'President' brand wheel? Haven't been able to find much of anything on the internet about them. Planning on opening up the ID to fit the hub, but can just as easily grab another wheel if this one had any particular value to another application.
sixnotfour
????????? momo was patpending everything maybe they got stopped ???
iamchappy
You might want to check out these, they may have a hub for you that works, i got one from them that works with my Raid wheel.

http://www.tekniqauto.com/US/steeringquickrelease.htm

Looks like they rebranded

http://snapoff.com/racing/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.