Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I feel like I just won a NASCAR race!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
I spent the evening with an e-journalist talking about my car. Tomorrow, we go out for a photo shoot.

I must have done the NASCAR “hat switch” 10 times? Oh yes, the brakes are by PMB Performance. Oh, the wheels are by Weidman Wheels in Oroville. Yes, the interior and much of the rubber on the car are by 914Rubber.com. Big thanks for the conversion to GT and six cylinder goes to Original Customs in Grand Rapids.
I think the photo shoot will be up by the lake (Tahoe). Don’t worry, he hired a hot model.

I’ll let you know where it gets published, but the writer is from MotorMavens.com.

Mikey914
Thanks for the props Rob beer3.gif
Maltese Falcon
driving.gif first.gif thumb3d.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 21 2019, 02:03 AM) *

I didn’t forget you Marty! evilgrin.gif
Andyrew
cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif w00t.gif
90quattrocoupe
Nice. beerchug.gif
Krieger
Very cool! Keep us posted!
Cairo94507
Sweet! Looking forward to reading the article and seeing the photo shoot (and model...) beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 20 2019, 10:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 21 2019, 02:03 AM) *

I didn’t forget you Marty! evilgrin.gif

Much appreciated Rob ...car is def a head turner aktion035.gif
ConeDodger
So, these guys don’t Fuchs around! I met them at 4:30 this afternoon and they shot until the light was gone. Then they took me out to dinner. I just got home.

Article is written, I guess it publishes to the website tomorrow. It will be content on some auto part website. Offered me free auto parts!
ConeDodger
They just uploaded the article. It’s pretty cool! They mostly got it right, where they didn’t, they didn’t go too far wrong. And in some ways, they really got it right without input from me. Vendors who didn’t get mentioned, my apologies. I wasn’t the writer. He furiously scribbled notes but I’m sure he missed some things.

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/

Here’s one of the pics!
AZBanks
Congrats! Good article.

The author should look into a refund and punitive damages from the modeling agency. lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Aug 22 2019, 06:00 PM) *

Congrats! Good article.

The author should look into a refund and punitive damages from the modeling agency. lol-2.gif

LOL! evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
I’ve skimmed the article and GT Racing got credit for AA’s metal flares, and Marty and MSDS got no credit for the headers. My apologies. I had no editorial control. sad.gif
Larmo63
Nice story and nice pictures of your nice car!

smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 22 2019, 08:26 PM) *

Nice story and nice pictures of your nice car!

smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks Lawrence!
sixnotfour
but that engine fire wall.......great story....
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 22 2019, 08:56 PM) *

but that engine fire wall.......great story....

I have a new pad. Just no time...
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 22 2019, 04:12 PM) *

I’ve skimmed the article and GT Racing got credit for AA’s metal flares, and Marty and MSDS got no credit for the headers. My apologies. I had no editorial control. sad.gif

Still get a kick out of your (and all of our other clients) hot rod 914 build(s) on 914World....you carry the torch for all us guys that put the specialty products together. After all, we just want a bit of recognition for our handywork.
I was glancing through an issue of "Panorama" where a 911 tuner that supplies turnkey back-dated 911s with newer drivetrains, showcased his $175k cars. Our high-flow cone air filter kits (msds logo appears on the cast alum adapter) is now represented as a K & N. Our racing headers, S-pipes, all coated in our polished ceramic coating (logo ground away in this case) now represented as (Co. name withheld here) their brand exhaust blink.gif
I guess whatever floats his boat , the editor ate it up and printed it. Reminds me of some grafitti that I see while driving to work, "Don't make stupid people famous " lol-2.gif
tygaboy
Totally cool and well earned. Your car is a wonderful representative for the 914. Congrats, Rob! beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
I’ll say it again as I told the photographer, when you have to tell the story you realize just how many people besides yourself deserve the praise. The writers last remarks about how the community gives this car the soul I was expressing is so true.

And Marty, I would never grind off that MSDS. I’m still trying to figure out how you put it on the pipe!
Mikey914
Thanks for the plug on the dash top!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 23 2019, 01:23 AM) *

Thanks for the plug on the dash top!

Mark, I credited you with the whole interior but the writer pared you down to a dash top! sad.gif
Andyrew
Great read! Did the car justice and I think it represented the vendors pretty well for journalistic plugs (which they are always light on).

I enjoyed the bit about the 914 community. I think the writer gets it smile.gif

Congrats Rob!
ConeDodger
So I just got an email from the journalist. He says if the article generates comments they will likely promote it further. Post away!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.